I'm getting a mouse gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...look at the clothes you are wearing and see if something can be adjusted.

Bingo! For about four months before I got my permit, I changed my dress gradually so that no one close to me would notice if I abruptly changed my dress to dress around the gun. I wear the same clothes at the school I work at that I wear to church while I'm carrying.

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the desantis nemesis pocket holster. You can use this in your front pocket, back pocket, cargo pocket, jacket pocket or if you have overalls your chest pocket. It cost less than $20. I use mine all the time.

These are the tightest fitting shorts I have/wear. The outline can be seen a little bit but once my overshirt is on it just dissapears. What works for me might not work for you. If you dont like pocket holster then look at the clothes you are wearing and see if something can be adjusted.

I'm gonna have to second this one. I've never seen a guy who couldn't conceal the J-frame in his pocket with the nemesis holster unless he was wearing some SERIOUSLY tight levis! Even if there is somewhat of a visible bulge in the pocket, its totally normal for a guy to have his keys/phone/wallet there and the holster breaks up the outline enough that it isn't distinguishable as a gun.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my NAA 22 mag, front right pocket and no one knows. ****I mean I uh carry it in my front left boot. yea thats it my front left boot and no one knows.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're looking at it wrong. Sure you could kill someone with a 22 short (if placed correctly), but how long is it going to take for them to lose enough blood or do enough damage to stop the threat? Maybe you can argue that it's better then nothing, but if you're going to carry anything under a .380, why not carry pepperspray or a tazer? The .380 is basically a 9mm short.

Like JP said, there are a thousand and one ways to carry an airweight J frame. 5 shots of .38 special JHPs will do 100x better job.

The purpose of using a firearm for self defense is not to kill the attacker...but to stop the attack. Punching even a .22 caliber hole in somebody is generally enough to take somebodys mind of taking whatever it is they were after and start focusing on the wound or what it would take to prevent another (ie. ceasing the attack and escaping). For this reason there is nothing wrong with carrying a NAA .22 as a BUG due to it's ease to conceal. I do agree that this should not be your primary though...I carry a G30 for that.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said. 95 percent of the time it's the G26. I've been carrying the J-frame when it's hot. Easy to hide under a T-shirt, but it's still tough to sneak it past all the touchy-feely types (even with the low-hug approach). Concealment from sight it easy, touch...not so much.

I"ve been using a Desantis Nemesis holster for the 642. I really like the holster, but it still prints fairly bad. Maybe it's just because I'm looking for it. The weight also pulls the top of the pocket away from the body and the grip of the pistol is easy to see for anyone standing next to me. The only time it has worked is with a big button-up shirt untucked/over the pocket.

Options:
1) Get a mouse gun for those times I have to be around a bunch of touchy-feelys who don't know I carry.

2) Move to CO where it's nice a cool and I can wear a jacket.

3) Only associated with people who carry.

(that's actually probably not a bad idea.)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it's just because I'm looking for it.

The printing is likely because you are looking for it AND know where it is at. I swore my XD printed louder than a Fourth of July fireworks show, but I've decided that was because I was looking for it and already knew where it was.

The closest I've come to getting made was by my Pastor at church. He turned unexpectedly and came about a half inch from sweeping the grip on my gun. Would it have been a problem? Likely not. But I'm not sure how the insurance policy is written, so I want to be able to give the Pastor plausible deniability if I have to use my firearm on the premises if the policy is unfriendly.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The purpose of using a firearm for self defense is not to kill the attacker...but to stop the attack. Punching even a .22 caliber hole in somebody is generally enough to take somebodys mind of taking whatever it is they were after and start focusing on the wound or what it would take to prevent another (ie. ceasing the attack and escaping). For this reason there is nothing wrong with carrying a NAA .22 as a BUG due to it's ease to conceal. I do agree that this should not be your primary though...I carry a G30 for that.

It may or may not take their mind off of it....they might not even know it happened.
While that can and does happen with larger calibers as well, the power advantage can decrease the likihood of that happening.
I think it's been noted that a .22 cliber hole is not a very good 'bleeder'

Latest posts

Top Bottom