I'm proud to own guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, I get the point, but think it'd be interesting to see if there's any statistics on how many times a firearm is used to protect a child versus how many die from them.

Keeping a child safe, in my opinion, should also very very much include proper storage and discipline for instance on the part of the adult.
Lets clearly define what is considered a child. Jon Stewart has been using a stat that includes 19y.o. gang bangers to try and shame gun advocates lately. People can rig the stats any way they want to push their agenda....

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets clearly define what is considered a child. Jon Stewart has been using a stat that includes 19y.o. gang bangers to try and shame gun advocates lately. People can rig the stats any way they want to push their agenda....
Does this make it better?

Filtering through data from 2009 to 2018 across 33 states, the team counted 279 cases in which kids under 15 accidentally died due to firearm injury. Not included were scenarios where, according to researchers’ screening of the database, the shooter was over 15 or the shooting was driven by mental health struggles.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/26/health/children-accidental-shootings/index.html

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if they only kill one child? Still worth having?

incorrect. If a child happens to steal a gun from a legal gun owning adult, then they are thieves and get what’s coming to them. Dont try and blame the victim of theft.
The automobile manufacturers, the auto unions and work force, the president of the United States, your dad, uncle and your neighbors think so. They all have bared witness to it at some point in their life whether it was live, heard from 1st hand or seen it on the news. Everyday in crosswalks all over America, in driveways and business parking lots, another child is struck. More so than any firearms, these mechanized cripplers and killers have constituted more unreasonable excuses to continue thier plight to horror and for the almighty dollar. We should all turn in our vehicles and take our taxable donations and be happy. The government will supply us all with timely transportation and relieve us from the burden of that other thread on insurance. Wait a minute. Am I on the right thread? Or is everything I just said pretty much applicable to both subjects.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring back firearms safety classes in elementary school, and get shooting sports into extracurricular activities and dare I even say the moat important part if any of that..... education and knowledge can deter negligence and harm. Proper training and recreational use on a controlled range would alleviate most if not all the improper use, I believe even in major cities

That’s why you are the Head Mule. Common sense!

It’ll never happen but it is still the best thing said here.. If it did happen it would address the issue head on and even expose people against or afraid of guns into proximity with regular folk. Might even discover they are not the problem.

And that is probably a big part of the reason it would never happen.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s why you are the Head Mule. Common sense!

It’ll never happen but it is still the best thing said here.. If it did happen it would address the issue head on and even expose people against or afraid of guns into proximity with regular folk. Might even discover they are not the problem.

And that is probably a big part of the reason it would never happen.
Classic case of follow the money/power. Billions of $$ a year are "invested" in the rhetoric. Remember boys and girls, rule # 1 in the political play book..NEVER, EVER let a potential crisis/perceived threat go to waste. Just the ramblings of a jackass behind a steering wheel

Latest posts

Top Bottom