Granddaughter Took State!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received great news yesterday that our 17 year old granddaughter, Kayli took state (Nevada) in high school women’s wrestling. She’s had a number of colleges interested and offering scholarships…..just wish she’d get the attention of one here in Oklahoma. She’s a really good kid and I’m proud of her.

IMG_5262.jpeg

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome pass on the congrats! I've got a friend who's daughter is a senior and wrestles at Missouri Valley College. It's catching on in Oklahoma high schools, just very, very slowly though.

I wouldnt say slowly, at least not at the bigger schools. My wife (and I) are VP's for Westmoore Wrestlings Booster club.

Received great news yesterday that our 17 year old granddaughter, Kayli took state (Nevada) in high school women’s wrestling. She’s had a number of colleges interested and offering scholarships…..just wish she’d get the attention of one here in Oklahoma. She’s a really good kid and I’m proud of her.

She needs to be active in social media. Tag the schools shes interested in. Make videos and reach out to the coaches at the school she's interested in. Right now, she just has OCU and Carl Albert State College to pick from here. At the very least, she could get closer to OK by looking at Missouri and Kansas colleges. I know girls and coaches both the OK schools, both good programs. Carl Albert's is fairly new, but one of the gal's finished HS winning Fargo. OCU is top 10 currently. So very few schools here for her to get noticed by, plus as a whole, Oklahoma as a whole is top 5 in wrestling this year, and usually. OK wrestling is different than most states. I saw a KY state champ come here during COVID and not win a single match his first 4 or 5 tournaments. Most programs, at least in mens, recruit local because of that. The saying has always been, wrestlers come to Oklahoma, wrestlers don't leave. There's a book on recruiting by a Coach Lopez, I'd look into getting her a copy, it'll help her. she has a FB group called Educating Parents of HS Athletes on the College Recruiting Process and has a book at www.lookingforafullride.com , covers the rules of recruiting, how to interact, the whole 9.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldnt say slowly, at least not at the bigger schools. My wife (and I) are VP's for Westmoore Wrestlings Booster club.

She needs to be active in social media. Tag the schools shes interested in. Make videos and reach out to the coaches at the school she's interested in. Right now, she just has OCU and Carl Albert State College to pick from here. At the very least, she could get closer to OK by looking at Missouri and Kansas colleges. I know girls and coaches both the OK schools, both good programs. Carl Albert's is fairly new, but one of the gal's finished HS winning Fargo. OCU is top 10 currently. So very few schools here for her to get noticed by, plus as a whole, Oklahoma as a whole is top 5 in wrestling this year, and usually. OK wrestling is different than most states. I saw a KY state champ come here during COVID and not win a single match his first 4 or 5 tournaments. Most programs, at least in mens, recruit local because of that. The saying has always been, wrestlers come to Oklahoma, wrestlers don't leave. There's a book on recruiting by a Coach Lopez, I'd look into getting her a copy, it'll help her. she has a FB group called Educating Parents of HS Athletes on the College Recruiting Process and has a book at www.lookingforafullride.com , covers the rules of recruiting, how to interact, the whole 9.
OSSAA's "one free move" should help women's wrestling greatly. I know of several at small schools who would wrestle in a heartbeat but, don't want to lose a year of eligibility in other sports as a result.

Latest posts

Top Bottom