I'm proud to own guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that the original statement of "If they only save one child, they are worth having" is tongue in cheek to be used against the gun grabbers who like to say that if taking guns away from people save one child then it's worth it to trample people's rights.

As for the stats? I don't care very much what they say. Stats are so easy to portray whatever outcome you want that they shouldn't be trusted very much.
Ahhh....so you have no real counterpoint, you just wanted to chime in with no real point to me.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a gun lover. I love the mechanics, the machine work, the design.
the function alone drives me mad into studying and seeing how the parts work together.

That said, a child getting hands on a gun is my biggest fear. It has changed the way I store and keep guns many years ago.

I Just heard last week of a local 2 year old dying after getting hands on an unsecured gun. Sickening.
I can't stop thinking about it.
I'm not saying any more details so don't ask.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a gun lover. I love the mechanics, the machine work, the design.
the function alone drives me mad into studying and seeing how the parts work together.

That said, a child getting hands on a gun is my biggest fear. It has changed the way I store and keep guns many years ago.

I Just heard last week of a local 2 year old dying after getting hands on an unsecured gun. Sickening.
I can't stop thinking about it.
I'm not saying any more details so don't ask.
Wife has been a nurse for over 30 years. It's not that rare.
Keeping guns out of the hands of kiddos is the reason I got a safe decades ago.

As for government mandates concerning how I store my stuff, they can eat manure.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You make such a statement ignoring the original post I made --- what's the statistics on how many times a gun is used to actively defend a child. I'd really like to compare and contrast the numbers. Is it a once a year occurrence? 10x? 100x? By the numbers there is 280case/9 years IIRC, so roughly 2.5 kids getting killed per month. What's the point of comparison to the initial statement of "If they only save one child, they are worth having."?
Look at the obvious. Every time an active shooter gets shot down, everyone within range of the shooter was a potential victim. That could at the least be a factor of ten to one, maybe as high as hundreds to one, depending on the venue.

Woody

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the obvious. Every time an active shooter gets shot down, everyone within range of the shooter was a potential victim. That could at the least be a factor of ten to one, maybe as high as hundreds to one, depending on the venue.

Woody
On the flip side that just means that all those guns getting into the hands of bad guys are endangering that many extra children which is kind of the opposite to what I think the point you're trying to make is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom