I'm trying to get excited..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know posting from the stand still somehow freaks me out..... hehehehe

I turn my phone on silent and never touch till I am back to the truck.... but then again I usually just let those pesky squirrels chirp me back to sleep.... Some of my best hunting days started off with a 25 minute nap at the base of an old tree.....

You know I was were you were a few years ago Seth... hunting was just a motion I went through to fill the freezer.... I broke my neck in august 2008.... I have not gotten to hunt or shoot since then..... and I am literally going nuts now..... wanting to to go.... I will hunt again next year..... hopefully if the fusion is complete in the c-spine for next season..... but boy do I envy all of you.... funny thing I let my buddies shoot my guns so I can clean them.... nothing like the smell of hoppes to make a guy feel better.....

It has not all been bad... I have gotten to teach my 8yr old daughter and wife to shoot, and fish..... this is time I never had for them before working 65+ hours a week.... funny, how you better make time for the ones you love or god will make all the time you need.... or all the time they need.....

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a good man book to read while I'm out there, not Playboy or Hustler type man book either, one with real words and very few pictures. I'm about done w/ 'Killer Angels' and will certainly be done w/ it by the time I'm out there hunting. Give me some suggestions.

Hunting Trips of a Ranchman or The Wilderness Hunter by Theodore Roosevelt. Written by one of the greatest conservationist ever. I have read those two countless times and never get bored with them. It is like reading grand dad's memoirs from back when the west was unsettled and still wild.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I came home empty-handed, but it was an excellent weekend of hunting out at McAAP. Saw several bucks chasing does, two nice sized bucks fighting and got a shot on one of them (missed). Saw at least 2-3 deer from my stand each day. It was a great weekend to be in the woods, that's for sure. Even though I didn't get anything I'm very glad I went! Thanks for the encouragement and whatnot.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool beans, Broseph. I was thinking of you MAC hunters this weekend, better weather than I've ever had there. Our camp neighbors from last time were both in on a quality pass this year, wish I had gotten their #'s to see how they did.

Sounds like you did pretty good to see all that action. Not an easy feat to get that up close and personal with limited scouting time. You seem well on your way to sticking one next time you draw in. :thumb:

Dad had 2 150 class bucks fighting an all out brawl 25 yards away through some brush in Hominy one time. He was on the ground. Stuff like that is why you apply for MCAAP.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a terrific hunt with lots of action. I've never seen bucks fight in person and that in itself would have been a special event to experience. You're a lucky man in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom