In here, we will talk about things we've seen that have no logical explanation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twice now, on top of the neighbors roof we have heard a loud owl hooting through the night and a close relative has either died or had a serious medical issue.

The wife evidently knows something about owls being ominous but I'd never heard that?

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a new Totally Creeped Out thread. I can dig it.

About a year after my grandpa died my family was visiting my grandma in Arkansas. My brother and I slept in the room he died in, but that never really bothered me and I never saw anything weird. One day everyone else was out shopping and I was chillin' on the couch watching Nickelodeon. The TV was in front of the couch and the hallway back to the bedrooms was to the TV's left. I was just sitting there, minding my own business, and this feeling of being watched washes over me. So I looked around and see nothing, then sit back down and keep watching TV. Then the feeling hits me again. What it felt like was that someone was peeking at me from around the corner from the hallway that led back to the bedrooms. The feeling lasted for the rest of the day until everyone else came home. Freaked me out.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One I had saved on my computer, I meant to add to the "creeped out" thread:

Our deer camp in the hills of far eastern Oklahoma sits at the end of a long "road" (tire tracks) that curves around and leads back to where the old farm house used to sit before it burned down 50 or so years ago. Camp is set up around the small area where they cleared the woods to form a little "yard" for the house.

When you are sitting around the fire pit, you can look out through the pasture with scattered trees and brush. The old cleared pasture sits between two heavily wooded (oak) ridges. The road to camp winds right through the middle of it. Since the road is curved, at night when truck approaches (the landowner or family, etc.) the first thing you generally see is a side marker light, or a glimpse of headlights or taillights as they pass through the trees from left to right. As they get closer, they will turn and approach you head on.

One night about 3-4 years ago 3 of us are sitting around the fire like usual. One of us stands up and says "Looks like we got company, a car is coming down the road". I look up and see a yellow light through the trees, heading left to right down the road. We all stand up and walk out to the edge of camp to get a better view and see if we can recognize a vehicle sound to see who it is, as in the years we have been there it is usually the landowner coming down with important or bad news from home, at night like that.

All 3 of us are standing there and we all realized at the same time it's not a vehicle. No red lights, and the yellow light is very dim. As it gets closer I say out loud "That's a guy with a dim flashlight walking to camp." That's exactly what the light looked like, the dull yellow of a dying flashlight. It gets close enough and one of us calls out "Hey, how's it goin'? or something of the sort. The light just keeps getting closer. It gets to about 50 yards out and we can clearly see it passing behind trees and emerging on the other side. We have it landmarked to be close enough if it was a person walking we would see the silhouette in the moonlight. Nothing, but this light floating 5-6 feet of the ground getting closer. Then it just goes out, disappears. All of us pretty much said "What the hell was that?"

I ran and grabbed a big flashlight from my truck and scanned the area and nobody was around. Keep in mind this was a crisp, cool night in mid November, anyone who has ever walked through the woods knows the leafs that time of year sound like you are walking on corn flakes. Whatever it was made no sound.

We still have no idea what it was. It wasn't all that creepy, just baffling. You would have had to have been there and seen it to understand how odd it was.

-I've had several other things happen that I can't explain. One recently is bobby pins. I find a bobby pin on my driveway, or on my staircase, or in my garage every so often. Sometimes several in a week. This has been happening since I built my house several years ago. I don't know anybody who uses bobby pins, besides that they are often bent a little and rusty. I searched my whole concrete driveway pad for them after finding 3 a couple weeks ago. Several days later, there is another one. About the only explanation I have is that I got a load of gravel that had a gajillion bobby pins in it for some reason, and my tires and boots are carrying them to the house. That would be one odd load of gravel though, and I've never seen any on the gravel...even after looking.

-Also had an experience that most people would call a "ghost"...but I don't believe in ghosts. It would take me too long to explain what I think it was. In short, I believe ghosts are a product of your mind...but I believe they can be based on true information you have NO previous knowledge of. There is no such thing real ghosts...but your mind can make a "ghost" from some information that was not heard/seen/learned. I basically had thoughts of a dead man I had no knowledge of...until after the fact. How, I'll never know.

Last edited:

Cusingeorge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twice now, on top of the neighbors roof we have heard a loud owl hooting through the night and a close relative has either died or had a serious medical issue.

The wife evidently knows something about owls being ominous but I'd never heard that?

I've heard this from some of my Cheyenne/Arapaho friends. If you have an owl on your roof three nights in a row, someone is going to die.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I had a heart attack, my twin brother felt the pain (and had a feeling of doom..that something had happened to me). At the time I was living in San Diego and he was in Washington State.

Latest posts

Top Bottom