Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Are the crickets normal? Them wheel bugs too?

I dont remember them when I was growing up, I remember the mayflies and the junebugs but don't remember the excessive crickets, and wheel bugs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a good friend in the Army that got a multi year deployment to Hawaii. He said something similar in that when you go to the closet in the morning to get dressed, there are only shorts and hawaiian shirts on the hangers. No long britches, no jackets, no long sleeves.
Yea I spent 2 years there while in the service. Once I got use to the humidity I loved it. During the winter it might have a high of 55, but very seldom did it get really cold. Funny watching the locals break out heavy coats when it was 55 degrees.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elevation helps but has more to do with Latitude than how far above sea level to beat the heat. WY is the 2nd highest mean elevation in the US while Alaska is 15th. One interesting thing is that HI has a higher mean elevation than AK. This is an interesting chart.

https://www.netstate.com/states/tables/state_elevation_mean.htm
Ketchikan Alaska rarely gets below freezing and almost never gets highs more than 80*, but it gets almost 8 feet of rain annually.
I have a friend who's son lives there. He loves it, but you do have to live in a rain coat. He said you can literally live off the land and the sea.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody has an opinion on what "best" means with regard to year-round weather. One website listed OKC as #10 for best in the USA. For details, see: https://a-z-animals.com/blog/us-cities-with-the-best-year-round-weather/

1692680004606.png

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the crickets normal? Them wheel bugs too?

I dont remember them when I was growing up, I remember the mayflies and the junebugs but don't remember the excessive crickets, and wheel bugs.
I kill a wheel bug whenever I see one,
No sense in letting those nasty things hang around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom