Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wind chill will affect pretty much any animal or humans. Wind chill can be very dangerous because the moving air will more rapidly remove heat from the body. It's exactly why a fan helps to cool you when you're hot. It will affect inanimate objects but only by lessening the amount of time it takes for that object to cool to the ambient air temp.

Heat index is real, also. At higher humidity levels your perspiration doesn't evaporate so it doesn't cool your body like it's supposed to. Therefore it seems hotter than it really is.

It's similar to the Wet Bulb temperature. Sustained exposure to a wet bulb temp above 95° is very dangerous to humans. At that temp the body loses the ability to shed heat and starts to absorb it from the environment.

I don't know if it's used by global climate change activists or not but it's a real measurement of the real affect of heat and moisture in the air. As a weather forecaster for the Air Force it was something we routinely briefed the wing commander on for those required to work outside...like on the flight line...in summer.
It's "real" to humans, but nothing else, they don't know what it is, they just respond to temps. If it's hot they find shade or become inactive, etc. Plants close their stoma based on heat and moisture lost. They don't delay life necessities or change plans or put off obligations based on the wind or humidity like humans do. Mechanical, thermostat opens and closed based on temperature, fan clutch same thing.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked in heat too much in my 70yrs
Worked oil patch, ran asbestos abatement in suits n respirators and hot boiler plants, old hot school buildings, utility tunnels, I am burned out and cannot deal with it any more. It kicks my butt just riding the mower, yesterday and today were swamp hot in Stillwater

Latest posts

Top Bottom