Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even guess what the temperature is in the shop at work. I have 2 large fans at my station, but it basically just turns an oven into a convection oven. Most of us refusing to eat lunch in the a/c break room, because the temp difference going back into the heat is so damn hard on the body. My thermoflask holds 40oz of water, and I drink at least 2 of those every shift...and might piss twice in the whole day.

The most irritating thing about it all, is the crew members who just can't/won't work through it. We have at least 3 guys (all younger than me) who routinely "don't feel good" by lunch time, and have to go home. Hells bells.... I'm 49, and I don't even have a/c in my car or at home. Just a fan. Don't gimme that crap about "you can't sleep". Staying up late drinking, and pounding energy drinks instead of water in the morning....dumb shits. And now the rest of us have to work even harder to make up for their lack.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
779F94A1-162F-4AEC-8476-E79B056EA31D.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even guess what the temperature is in the shop at work. I have 2 large fans at my station, but it basically just turns an oven into a convection oven. Most of us refusing to eat lunch in the a/c break room, because the temp difference going back into the heat is so damn hard on the body. My thermoflask holds 40oz of water, and I drink at least 2 of those every shift...and might piss twice in the whole day.

The most irritating thing about it all, is the crew members who just can't/won't work through it. We have at least 3 guys (all younger than me) who routinely "don't feel good" by lunch time, and have to go home. Hells bells.... I'm 49, and I don't even have a/c in my car or at home. Just a fan. Don't gimme that crap about "you can't sleep". Staying up late drinking, and pounding energy drinks instead of water in the morning....dumb shits. And now the rest of us have to work even harder to make up for their lack.
that is so true

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right there with ya i worked a lot of terrible summers as a carpenter!
Worse (hottest) job I ever worked was installing fiberglass wall insulation in new-home construction in Las Vegas during the summer. In addition to the extreme temperatures, you were coated in a fine layer of glass particles being added to your sweat. Even just wiping the sweat off your brow would make you itch AND hurt at the same time.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Think about it. How do people that live or work in hot climates survive so well? They are acclimated to the temps. Not having or using AC has allowed your body to, over time, acclimate to the higher temps that you are now use to so you do not notice them as much. Others that constantly use AC (home, car, store, etc.) have gotten use to being in lower temps, so they may not do well when they have to work in the heat.

Last edited:

KG5VW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it’s hot out right now but it can and most likely get even worse several places in the state have reached 120 degrees F in the past and before heat index was ever even a term used by meteorologists. Compared to the drought and heatwave of 1980 that I experienced first hand as a kid just out of high school this is a cake walk.

https://coolweather.net/statetemper...temperature ever recorded,F on July 26, 1943.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL old farts. I was thinking about Paul the other day when I had the LRB out of the safe, I bet he would have loved that rifle as much as he loved M14s.

I remember the sundays I would drive up to H&H to shoot, you folks would be there, LOL good times. God that was what 23 or so years ago.

Yep, yep! In a lot of ways you kids kept me from being an old lady before my time. I did things I would have NEVER guessed this old gal could manage! 😘😘

I will never forget when we had that Christmas Party at the match and @Gunbuffer couldn't stay out of the Christmas Crack. I thought he was gonna make himself sick! 😂😂😂

Or when those kids showed up for a match and were talking smack about how they were gonna make "the old man" (Richard Shelley) and "that old woman" look really REALLY bad. Bad like we'd be so embarrassed we'd never show back up again. Me and Mr. S just stood quietly and listened to all the smack talk and grinned at each other. Guess who didn't show back up the next month ... 😉😂😂😇

I don't miss working at the gun range but I DO miss watching Paul "hold the counter down" cleaning eye protection. 💞💞💞 I see something every day that reminds me of him -- and especially in the evenings when I have a cold beer on the patio and watch the squirrels and hummingbirds. He was one of a kind and the world is lesser for having lost him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom