Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mowed wednesday around mid morning, finished around 12:30 I was dying.

I cooled down for about 30 minutes, realized I could not walk, could only take baby steps, I was not "feeling" right.

Took a shower, then sweated for an hour afterwords..

Then the headache and complete exhaustion set in, lasted the rest of the day and int the next day.

I can handle dry heat, but this humidity kills me, how the heck I worked the hay fields in this crap when I was a teenager is beyond me.

Damn dude! Be careful! Take it from someone who didn't pay attention to her body and wound up in the ER in my 20s. It was NOT fun and it took me YEARS to get to where I didn't start puking every time it was warm enough to make me sweet. And yeah, THOSE headaches are BRUTAL. I'd rather bail 20 fields of hay than do "women's work" so I was crushed when the old ranchers wouldn't let me go out with them anymore. Every once in a while I'd get an afternoon it but I think that was just because they could see I was about to lose my mind listening to "girl talk" in the kitchen. 🙉🙉🙉 😂😂

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True I am almost 60 now. Lot more of me as well LOL.

Yes the hay fields were here in Oklahoma, coal county mainly. First hay field job was the summer of 1980, ah yes what a time to be alive.

1977 was my first year out. I thought I was in tall cotton! I don't even remember which ranch I worked at -- somewhere within an hour or so of Tishomingo because me and 10 or so guys from the dorm would meet up at my apartment, drive out, work our asses off, then drive home. We'd stop at Sonic on Main Street, buy 10 of everything on the menu, take it back to my place and eat every single bit of it. Empty the fridge of beer, shower, pass out and do it all over again the next day. We moved around the counties but I couldn't tell you where. 🤷 We would draw straws to see who had to get up early enough to go to the grocery store and buy enough beer to fill the fridge before we left that morning. It was a good time to be a kid ... 😋

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn dude! Be careful! Take it from someone who didn't pay attention to her body and wound up in the ER in my 20s. It was NOT fun and it took me YEARS to get to where I didn't start puking every time it was warm enough to make me sweet. And yeah, THOSE headaches are BRUTAL. I'd rather bail 20 fields of hay than do "women's work" so I was crushed when the old ranchers wouldn't let me go out with them anymore. Every once in a while I'd get an afternoon it but I think that was just because they could see I was about to lose my mind listening to "girl talk" in the kitchen. 🙉🙉🙉 😂😂

I hear ya.

My mind does not know that my body is old and out of shape LOL

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right??!?!? I run into (or meet up with) you kids nowadays and I'm like "Whoa!! What happened?? You got OLD!" And then I realize that you guys are now the age I was when I met y'all in the first place. 🙈🙈🙈 I'm ancient now! 🙃😋😂😂😂

LOL old farts. I was thinking about Paul the other day when I had the LRB out of the safe, I bet he would have loved that rifle as much as he loved M14s.

I remember the sundays I would drive up to H&H to shoot, you folks would be there, LOL good times. God that was what 23 or so years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom