Inflated price VS Actual price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been debating on getting rid of my AR10 .308, mags and ammo but I see some prices on here.( Not to knock anyone) but they seem unreasonable for what they are selling. Is it inflated or is my rifle worth 6k. <----- joke.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a ERS-10 with a U.S. optics SVS 1-6x, Larue mount, ergo grip and i think a harris bipod but i can't remember. I'd say at best 2500 with the mags and ammo.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's fun shoot. The whole 100 rounds down the pipe but hell I bought in 18' I think and only shot it twice. I just hate having things sitting in the safe I don't use.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's fun shoot. The whole 100 rounds down the pipe but hell I bought in 18' I think and only shot it twice. I just hate having things sitting in the safe I don't use.
"I just hate having things sitting in the safe I don't use."

Not being sarcastic but that's what I said about these guns I've sold years ago. just need to vent.
Colt Python, 357, 8" Nickel Plated, 1980 ish
Winchester 9422M, 1970 ish
Colt AR 15, 1970's
Ruger Mini 14, Stainless
Ruger Mini 14, with factory folding stock
Winchester 70, 30-06, 1967 ish
Winchester 94, 30-30, 1967 ish
Browning High power, 9mm, 1967 ish, Red Grips
Beretta 70S, 380, 1980 ish
And more but thanks for your patience.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a little of both. Prices are inflated and there appears to be a group of folks that are unwilling to accept reality. Visited a pawn shop that had a ubiquitous Marlon Model 60 and was asking $380 because “they might not make them anymore” which was BS. As already stated the value of something is determined by what the market will bear and if you can get someone to pay $2000 for your Rock Island 1911 then I guess that’s what it’s worth. Now I’ve been watching a certain gun for a while being reposted at least three different times never changing the asking price. I copied all the pictures and sent them off to collectors and LGS owners I know and without exception they all said the gun was worth 1/3 of what was being asked. I passed this info on and never got a thank you, kiss my arse, or I don’t believe you. Pretty sure if you’re re-listing an item over and over and no one is making you an offer then your asking price is out of line and you need to clue in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom