Inflated price VS Actual price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years back I thought the wife I and were moving to Tennessee so I sold 15 Ars, 8 AKs, 7 shotguns, 15 pistols. I'll never it get all that back which is disappointing to say the least. Hell I don't have any AKs anymore and with the bs prices probably never will again. I can't bring myself to over 600 for one.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'd sell them separate. It's hard to move mid to higher dollar items here - the dollar store theory. I also think that a few get the same thing on GB for more than might be listed here because they can use a CC on GB so they'll take the hit on price because it's easier to go into debt than to save up $$ or work a deal.

$1200 MSRP gun, so asking $1000-$1100 is not unreasonable...probably no lower than 20%-25% of MSRP. Asking $1300 and trying to recoup your taxes, full MSRP, and transfer fees is.

The USO 1-6x...$1300 MSRP high dollar out of production short run scope...Keep it. Not because it's great, but because you won't get much for it if anything. Someone will offer you a G34 or tell you they found a better offer and send a link of something that's not even the same - cheep mf.
If it breaks, USO might replace it with one of their new Chinese scopes.

Same with the mount, very few people will give you cash for a good mount or bipod, but it's good trading material.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a little of both. Prices are inflated and there appears to be a group of folks that are unwilling to accept reality. Visited a pawn shop that had a ubiquitous Marlon Model 60 and was asking $380 because “they might not make them anymore” which was BS. As already stated the value of something is determined by what the market will bear and if you can get someone to pay $2000 for your Rock Island 1911 then I guess that’s what it’s worth. Now I’ve been watching a certain gun for a while being reposted at least three different times never changing the asking price. I copied all the pictures and sent them off to collectors and LGS owners I know and without exception they all said the gun was worth 1/3 of what was being asked. I passed this info on and never got a thank you, kiss my arse, or I don’t believe you. Pretty sure if you’re re-listing an item over and over and no one is making you an offer then your asking price is out of line and you need to clue in.

There is no time limit on selling an item. I have had items listed for close to a year and the right guy that wanted exactly as advertised came along! Here and other sites. They don’t eat or drink anything, so setting locked up waiting for the right match to ask for it!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back I thought the wife I and were moving to Tennessee so I sold 15 Ars, 8 AKs, 7 shotguns, 15 pistols. I'll never it get all that back which is disappointing to say the least. Hell I don't have any AKs anymore and with the bs prices probably never will again. I can't bring myself to over 600 for one.

I thinned calibers at the height of Aks. Don’t own a single one or bullet. I never liked them, bought/traded for several different ones, played with them looking for one I liked. Never found one.

And yes on selling and regret on some.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you’re re-listing an item over and over and no one is making you an offer then your asking price is out of line and you need to clue in.

Or the market for the item is so narrow, or not local as is the case all too often, that there simply aren’t any interested buyers in the area who have the funds.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd sell them separate. It's hard to move mid to higher dollar items here - the dollar store theory. I also think that a few get the same thing on GB for more than might be listed here because they can use a CC on GB so they'll take the hit on price because it's easier to go into debt than to save up $$ or work a deal.

$1200 MSRP gun, so asking $1000-$1100 is not unreasonable...probably no lower than 20%-25% of MSRP. Asking $1300 and trying to recoup your taxes, full MSRP, and transfer fees is.

The USO 1-6x...$1300 MSRP high dollar out of production short run scope...Keep it. Not because it's great, but because you won't get much for it if anything. Someone will offer you a G34 or tell you they found a better offer and send a link of something that's not even the same - cheep mf.
If it breaks, USO might replace it with one of their new Chinese scopes.

Same with the mount, very few people will give you cash for a good mount or bipod, but it's good trading material.
Man what happened to US optics they made great products in the past.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a little of both. Prices are inflated and there appears to be a group of folks that are unwilling to accept reality. Visited a pawn shop that had a ubiquitous Marlon Model 60 and was asking $380 because “they might not make them anymore” which was BS. As already stated the value of something is determined by what the market will bear and if you can get someone to pay $2000 for your Rock Island 1911 then I guess that’s what it’s worth. Now I’ve been watching a certain gun for a while being reposted at least three different times never changing the asking price. I copied all the pictures and sent them off to collectors and LGS owners I know and without exception they all said the gun was worth 1/3 of what was being asked. I passed this info on and never got a thank you, kiss my arse, or I don’t believe you. Pretty sure if you’re re-listing an item over and over and no one is making you an offer then your asking price is out of line and you need to clue in.
OR, which is often the case, people are Cheap as can be. Cheap cheap cheap. Not frugal, not good stewards of their money, but cheep AF.
Market on something may be a certain price range, and yours is in the range at the bottom end or below, and some tools offer pittance, or a G34, or a case of ammo or some other silliness.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man what happened to US optics they made great products in the past.
Well, they made great handmade optics in Brea, CA that would break all the time and cost a lot of money. I haven't met a US Optics scope that didn't break and I've had my DBs on over twenty. Almost always an optomechanical issue with erectors or side focus assemblies. Awesome glass, bad metal. The only two I haven't seen fail are one that was special made for a science project, and one they built for me-it's holding up still to my surprise.

Good thing is they repaired everything; usually when it was repaired, it did good. Bad thing is the owner died and his kid ran it to sh*t so they sold it to some rich dude in MT and he got scopes made in china, maybe Japan too...he didn't do it long enough to make a dent. They may have still made a few and they did repair some but nothing that matters. Then he sold it to ZRO and they moved to to NC. They make the Foundation Line in the US and everything else is Chicom. I have yet to use any of their new scopes. I might have to try and get one and wear it out.

See what country yours is from. At that price, it should be Japan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom