Inflated price VS Actual price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's fun shoot. The whole 100 rounds down the pipe but hell I bought in 18' I think and only shot it twice. I just hate having things sitting in the safe I don't use.
I have three safes full of guns I don't shoot often, but they all get their day at the range eventually.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they made great handmade optics in Brea, CA that would break all the time and cost a lot of money. I haven't met a US Optics scope that didn't break and I've had my DBs on over twenty. Almost always an optomechanical issue with erectors or side focus assemblies. Awesome glass, bad metal. The only two I haven't seen fail are one that was special made for a science project, and one they built for me-it's holding up still to my surprise.

Good thing is they repaired everything; usually when it was repaired, it did good. Bad thing is the owner died and his kid ran it to sh*t so they sold it to some rich dude in MT and he got scopes made in china, maybe Japan too...he didn't do it long enough to make a dent. They may have still made a few and they did repair some but nothing that matters. Then he sold it to ZRO and they moved to to NC. They make the Foundation Line in the US and everything else is Chicom. I have yet to use any of their new scopes. I might have to try and get one and wear it out.

See what country yours is from. At that price, it should be Japan.

I still have an ST10 and it works just like it did when new, as did other USO scopes I have owned, but I have heard others say the same thing you're saying.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what they say, things appreciate in value because I appreciated owning it... Wait, nobody actually says that? Idk I know that if I wanted to pay MSRP for something, I would buy it from a store and have a brand new item (and a receipt in case it was defective). I've seen things on here going for 1.5-2X of the retail price and they rarely, if ever sold.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve sold my fair share here. There were times when things would fly out of the classifieds. It’s slowed down over the years, but it’s supply and demand. Upper tier stuff isn’t easy to sell. That’s a specific market though and if you have the money to buy top tier, why would you care if you get it for $200 cheaper? As far as people’s asking prices, I don’t care at all what anyone asks for a gun. Never have never will. If something in the classifieds doesn’t sell, it’s either because it’s priced too high, or there’s nobody looking to buy that particular gun. I figure if a gun I’m selling doesn’t get snatched up, that’s the universes way of telling me I need to keep it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m leery of using the classifieds here to purchase anything I’m not really familiar with.

Why you might ask, because I see things listed here by people that aren’t familiar with them, that I am familiar with that either misrepresent what they are selling or price a $500 item at $1500. I tried to help once and was brushed aside. Item was relisted, with same incorrect info. I no longer offer any assistance.

I use to think mistakes like that were inadvertent until proven otherwise. With the influx of classified only users of late, that has reversed. It is what it is.

Caveat emptor

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom