Insuring 16yr old driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im interested in the insurance responses also. My daughter will be 16 in 2 months. We are with Safeco right now, but I haven't checked on rates for adding my daughter yet. I guess I should that even though she wont be driving right off the bat, she will sooner or later. She is in the "Parent-Taught" drivers ed course so I'm not sure what kind of discount that will be.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im interested in the insurance responses also. My daughter will be 16 in 2 months. We are with Safeco right now, but I haven't checked on rates for adding my daughter yet. I guess I should that even though she wont be driving right off the bat, she will sooner or later. She is in the "Parent-Taught" drivers ed course so I'm not sure what kind of discount that will be.

My total insurance bill used to be 248 a month and that was for full coverage on 1 new SUV, 300/100/100 and liability on two other SUV's plus home owners insurance. As soon as I added my son last year it went to 450, it could go down 20 bucks once his grades are out , his liability only is in the 1000 range every 6 months on a 20 year old truck, I don't think a major jump can be avoided regardless of grades or other discounts

Latest posts

Top Bottom