Interesting encounter with restaurant employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While you made it out ok, had the person wanted to make a bigger issue out of this than they did it would not of have ended well for you. I would of have shown them the license as well just to make sure the situation was defused. If they had wanted to make a bigger issue a call to the police, a contact with the logged and reported to the OSBI could of have resulted in your license being suspended temporarily.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trust me the police dont react well to "man with a gun" calls. Even if they dont actually have a gun

Oh I disagree with you absolutely...Police as a whole "React" very well to man with a gun calls....It is the people who are breaking the law whom don't react very well.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also would have just shown my CCL. I don't see what the big deal is. While you aren't legally obligated to it is being polite as they would have never brought it up if you didn't slip up. I would have done it out of courtesy and also to attempt to avoid the police involved at all costs.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I disagree with you absolutely...Police as a whole "React" very well to man with a gun calls....It is the people who are breaking the law whom don't react very well.

I didnt mean it like that per se. They react according to their training. I meant like its not a thing to be happy about

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would NOT have shown him my license either, I have my rights and would exercise those rights. Too many people give in and that is why alot of people think they have the right to infringe on your rights. I agree with the OP, He was polite but firm!!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have shown it since that was all that was asked of him to make the people serving him feel safer, what with all of the robberies going on these days of occupied restaurants even in broad daylight. If the cops were called then it might have gotten him a ticket, a warning, or at least a good stern talking to- all in front of other customers. And he would have had to show his permit to the cops anyways, so, whats the big deal in showing it to someone to make them feel more comfortable and relaxed that youre legal and not about to rob them after you have your pie? Infringement of rights, o ya. Whatever.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would NOT have shown him my license either, I have my rights and would exercise those rights. Too many people give in and that is why alot of people think they have the right to infringe on your rights. I agree with the OP, He was polite but firm!!

While I understand your opinion and feel you have a right to it, I don't think that attitude does anything to help the uninformed public understand our side of the coin. The OP made a mistake and handled it ok, based on the restaraunt manager's openess about his lack of experience and willingness to give him the benefit of the doubt.

While there's no requirement to show your SDA permit to non-LE, I see no harm in doing so under the circumstances. The same civil discussion could have ensued, but with the manager being much more reassured about the situation.

Just because you have the right to be obstinate about your rights, doesn't mean it's in the best interest of the CCW community to do so.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you were clearly in the wrong by allowing your weapon to be seen.
would have immediately apologized for causing a disturbance, pay for the meal and leave. making showing your CCW license or not moot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom