Interesting encounter with restaurant employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesnipes7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
everybody reacts differently,i personally would have shown it to him to put him at ease since he was polite in approaching me about the situation and i did cause the problem, but thats just my 2 cents

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like an interesting confrontation, i bet the mgr wasent looking forward to approaching you to ask if you were licensed!

It took a whole lot of courage for the manager to approach and ask the OP for his CCW license and IMO it took a whole lot of dumb too.

The manager didn't know the OP, didn't know if he was a good guy or a bad guy. He took a huge risk. What if the guy he confronted had been a bad guy. What if he got spooked when the manager confronted him? What if, what if? That simple question from the manager had the potential to end very, very badly. Luckily for all involved it didn't.

IMO the safest and wisest, even if the least courageous of the managers options would have been to call the police.

That said: once the manager asked to see the CCW the path of least resistance on the OP's part would have been to just show the license. He'd already screwed the pooch by unconcealing his weapon. AS others have mentioned if the manager had decided to call the police because of his obstinance he could have ended up having had a very bad day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom