ipad vs android tablet what are the advantages of each?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go look at and test drive them at the various stores then decide which one you like.

Anything the iPad can do can be done on android as well, the difference being android tablets don't have the battery life of apple, but hey I am an old fart with no technical skills since I happen to like my iPad and macbook pro, I won't be getting an iPhone anytime soon I love my android phone with CM9.

If you decide you like android there is a whole other discussion related to which one to get. You'll want too look at is your hardware in the the planned future rom release cycle, are you planning on rooting it and running a custom rom.

The nice thing about android tablets is most offer an external microSD card slot so you can but the smaller internal memory and then slap in additional memory.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a time when Apple controlled the computer market. Decisions were made to make the OS proprietary. By the early 90's Apple controlled only 8% of the computer market. Apple PC's were always better than their DOS based counterparts. But bad marketing decisions relegated Apple/MacIntosh computers to a niche market.

Now Apple is making the same stupid decision with their pad products re: propietary release of OS and control of any and everything that goes on it. iPads are argualbly superior to Android OS's but android is an open OS just like Gates made MsDos and MS Windows. Competitors for ipads are spring up like flies and for good reason.

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Buy an Android OS pad.

The Asus T300 looks real good.

Last edited:

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a Galaxy Tab since it came out and I still love it....yeah, it's smaller than an iPad, but to me, makes it easier to tote around....I've got it loaded full apps and movies...no iTunes!! The iPads are cool, but you can do so much more with the Android.....mine is rooted, I have yet to flash a new ROM on it. I've taken it to work and played with it in the break room and had a few iPad owners compare and say, damn...wish my iPad would do that.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand all the battery life claims. At work we use I pads all the time, and the battery life is not close to the duration of my personal Xoom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom