Tablet for surfing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...what's a guy to look for?
Been using my cell as a computer, but would like to get a tablet for home use.

I'm an Android guy so would like to stick to that type of interface. Mainly looking to surf forums, social media, YouTube type stuff. I have a laptop for other things. Would like nice video quality....don't need it to hook to cell network....
What's a good bang for the buck option?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This won’t help you as an android user, but I have an iPad with cellular capabilities. The Viasat internet at my house here in TX is hit and miss, and I don’t want to pay for wifi at my house up there. With this iPad, I don’t need it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What models?

They vary wildly and curious if a $500 one is that much better than a $150 one.

Like will the cheaper ones keep up with videos or will they buffer?

Is the screen easily visible at most angles or do you gotta hold it just right (aibhad a cell phone that was very hard to see unless it was held at just the right angle)?

Do they support multiple tabs at once?

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know who your cell phone provider is or if you can switch, but it that is how I got my tablet, I traded my iPhone xr for an iPhone 14 pro max (paid off) and 500 off an iPad of my choice with Verizon.

I know you said android, and I can respect that as I was the same....however with tablets ipad just wins, it really really does.

Battery lasts forever on them, screen is far superior to anything else in its price range, and it does really good 4k video.

I highly highly suggest the sapphire screen protector and have them put it on at bestbuy so that if it ever is scratched or whatever they replace it free with the recipt

Put my receipt in the otterbox. Oh ipad gen 10s have USBc charge ports as well.

Something to think about and 64gb is enough for what you suggested as well

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What models?

They vary wildly and curious if a $500 one is that much better than a $150 one.

Like will the cheaper ones keep up with videos or will they buffer?

Is the screen easily visible at most angles or do you gotta hold it just right (aibhad a cell phone that was very hard to see unless it was held at just the right angle)?

Do they support multiple tabs at once?
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite that I use for surfing and various things like that as well as for documenting buildings that I do site surveys on. It's a great, but older, tablet. It does pretty much everything that you are adding for, but one thing that I will warn about is that it's a bit on the slow side now after about 3-4 years. I'd suggest looking at the Samsung lineup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom