iphone 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditch Facetime and use skype, have them download a different messaging app that uses wifi and you can drop Apple. It's not going to be as fluid as the Apple options, but you'll have a non-iOS phone for the 90% of the time you're not talking with family. There are a ton of options out there aside from those two, you just have to find them. Many are free as well. Sorry for the OT post, but I thought I'd mention it.

I won't be getting the new iPhone, if it wasn't apparent by now. I left Apple when my 3G was 3 years old and don't regret it for a second. I don't hate Apple, but I like Android MUCH more. I'm looking forward to getting the Note 4 or possibly the Edge when my contract runs out.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how people have a love/hate relationship with Apple. I had an early android and it ruined me. Had to restart the damn thing a couple times a day, and this was from day one. Had the first one replaced but the second one did the same crap. Was so excited to get an iPhone 4S after that POS. Had to replace the speaker in that one but it was a million percent more reliable than the droid I had and worked just fine when I sold it to a member here a year or so ago. Just left it on indefinitely with little to no problems. Sure, an android may be more customizable but I still have not had to buy any music off iTunes to make it work and been able to make custom ringtones with ease.

The wife had a galaxy4 that was nearing its end with problems when she was eligible for upgrade. She now has a galaxy5 and likes it but at this point I am learned on the apple iOS so learning a new OS is less than attractive. Especially when I can do everything I need to with my apple products and have the reliability that I have come to enjoy. Not eligible for upgrade until Oct. 15' (2 year upgrades are ridiculous) so the 5S is going to have to last until the next offering by Apple. I will admit that Apple is behind Android at this point as the 5S should have been what this 6 and 6+ is now.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be an apple guy. I loved them but got tired of iTunes and not being able to customize my phone and stuff. After having the Samsung s3, note2 and now the note 3 I was waiting on the note 4 to come out. I wasn't impressed with it. My note 3 is good but I don't really like android all that well. Apple runs much smoother. Both Samsung and apple put out great products. I think they are the top 2. They both have positives and negatives. I done think anyone can go wrong with either one. Plus my wife has an iPhone so we can FaceTime. I read about the things apple has done this time around with the phone and the software and I am excited.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've still got the 4S because I like the size. Fits in my shirt pocket with an otter box. The camera sux though. My wife's Samsung galaxy has a ton more features but its twice as big.
Haven't looked at the size of the 6 yet, but its time to upgrade to something. Most are getting huge though.
Dennis , you and I are in the same boat. I still have my iphone 4 and they want me to get a new one (its a work phone). I think I am going to wait for the samsung 5 mini that is out over in europe right now and should be in the states soon. Supposed to be about between the iphone 4 and 5

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oops, I mean the size is supposed to be between the iphone 4 and 5, with all of the good stuff of the newest samsung

Mine fits perfectly in the shirt pocket, and I see everybody else having to carry their huge samsungs in their hand or in their back pockets. It just doesn't work for me to do it that way. Otherwise I'd probably change.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine fits perfectly in the shirt pocket, and I see everybody else having to carry their huge samsungs in their hand or in their back pockets. It just doesn't work for me to do it that way. Otherwise I'd probably change.
That is my biggest problem with the samsungs as well, thats why this new samsung mini peaked my interest. I dont want to look like ive got a damn tablet to my head when im using the phone as a phone

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to give the new Moto X 2014 a look, or the Nexus line of phones. I prefer Android that doesn't have Samsung crap bogging it down.

IPhones are great phones too, for people that like the Apple ecosystem. Not for me though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom