Iranian Ship Sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Primarily Iran and by extension Hamas. We have to be there because we don't want a people that believes they get an extra helping of virgins in heaven if they kill us to get a nuclear button.

How do you think they view us?

One and the same with Israel, because we are fulfilling the commandments (correctly applied or not) to ally with their enemy? And our end game? All countries will go against Israel, Jesus comes back and destroys everyone but his chosen.

Moral equivalency? How about theocratic equivalency?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you think they view us?

One and the same with Israel, because we are fulfilling the commandments (correctly applied or not) to ally with their enemy? And our end game? All countries will go against Israel, Jesus comes back and destroys everyone but his chosen.

Moral equivalency? How about theocratic equivalency?

I've read that the Iranian people don't particularly hate us, don't know if that is true. But the government and it's supporters certainly appear to. I don't come at this from a religious point of view, except insofar as theirs seems to favor killing us, which is not my preference.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read that the Iranian people don't particularly hate us, don't know if that is true. But the government and it's supporters certainly appear to. I don't come at this from a religious point of view, except insofar as theirs seems to favor killing us, which is not my preference.

And...based on our policies and the numbers of Muslims we've bombed, with a ME policy that is clearly supported by Christians justifying anything in the name of Israel, how would you expect them to view us?

Any attempts to modify our policies are immediately met with scorn and resistance by the right. As soon as someone suggests a change, the cry of "Stand with Israel" comes up. It's all based on religious dogma, and that is exactly why the conversation needs to be logical, not emotional.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And...based on our policies and the numbers of Muslims we've bombed, with a ME policy that is clearly supported by Christians justifying anything in the name of Israel, how would you expect them to view us?

Any attempts to modify our policies are immediately met with scorn and resistance by the right. As soon as someone suggests a change, the cry of "Stand with Israel" comes up. It's all based on religious dogma, and that is exactly why the conversation needs to be logical, not emotional.

Mostly agree. So, do you think the level of rationality exists in Iran/Hamas that would allow a logical discussion?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GTG, you got me on this one and I had to look it up! :thumb:

LOL, in this case it's literal. I spent time between Iraq & Iran, and even got shot at by Iran. As a result, I've spent considerable time studying the regional history of conflict and the root causes.

TK has done his homework, even if he wants to be cagey about his opinions on moral equivalency. We've mishandled the ME since we got drug into WWI. Nothing we've ever done has improved things in any tangible way. But make no mistake, the current theocratic regime has plenty of blood on its hands and given the opportunity, they'll make things worse than they already are.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly agree. So, do you think the level of rationality exists in Iran/Hamas that would allow a logical discussion?

Yes, I do. Probably would have been easier a few years ago, but I certainly think it would be possible. We would have to be prepared for the consequences for altering our direction though. The response from Israel and her supporters would be so extreme I doubt many in our government could tolerate it.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I do. Probably would have been easier a few years ago, but I certainly think it would be possible. We would have to be prepared for the consequences for altering our direction though. The response from Israel and her supporters would be so extreme I doubt many in our government could tolerate it.

So, if you were architect of the ME, what's that look like?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, do you think the level of rationality exists in Iran/Hamas that would allow a logical discussion?

Yes, I do.

Game set and match. You are way south of the zip code of ignorant. You have less than zero of an idea of the brand of Islam being sold by Iran.

Elements of Islam have been on a jihad bender for 1,400 years which if you can do the math, predates the US of A. Are you that obtuse (I know, another rhetorical question) to think that as of a couple years ago they would be willing to sit down and chat about not being terrorists? That their aggression is driven by WTF we or the Israelis do??? For centuries, countries have tried to have peace with the Islamists. Historically ... not emotionally (genius) ... how in the fresh hell has that worked out? Go back to the first "Crusades" to start you history lesson.

Why don't you try to be honest? Just admit you hate Jews and that is why you see the middle east the way you do?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Game set and match. You are way south of the zip code of ignorant. You have less than zero of an idea of the brand of Islam being sold by Iran.

Elements of Islam have been on a jihad bender for 1,400 years which if you can do the math, predates the US of A. Are you that obtuse (I know, another rhetorical question) to think that as of a couple years ago they would be willing to sit down and chat about not being terrorists? That their aggression is driven by WTF we or the Israelis do??? For centuries, countries have tried to have peace with the Islamists. Historically ... not emotionally (genius) ... how in the fresh hell has that worked out? Go back to the first "Crusades" to start you history lesson.

Why don't you try to be honest? Just admit you hate Jews and that is why you see the middle east the way you do?

Damn...it took you all this time to pull that card? I congratulate you sir, on your ability not to resort to that up until now.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if you were architect of the ME, what's that look like?

Not gonna try that - but if I was in charge of policy, I'd start by eliminating foreign aid to all countries. American's earnings should not be given away.

Next, I'd invite all parties to a conference. No pre-conditions, no ********. Eliminate sanctions, eliminate restrictions on free trade, with the exception of high tech weaponry. Let the guys in the hood decide what's best for their people, and how far to push it. Let everyone in the region know nuclear war will get the US involved, as will limitations on safe travel in international waters.

Other than that, carry right on with killing yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom