Is a gun like a virus? After mass shootings, doctors target gun violence as a social

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The science is faulty. There are contradicting studies that link alcohol to all kinds of factors regardless of gun ownership. And as for people who are apt to believe what they report, I think we're winning that battle. It's all about information. If you put the word out and expose their failed logic or agenda, you give people a chance for themselves to see who's telling the truth. When the Lautenburg amendment passed, people still believed in "cop killer bullets". With the easy access to the info via the web, I think certain anti-gun policies would never have been enacted. I could be wrong, though. I think your concerns are valid about these doctors, but all we can do is educate people by exposing the doctors' falsehoods. That's all I'm trying to say.

With all due respect the Laughtonberg Amd. had nothing to do with science or cop killer bullets, it was based on the emotional concept of not wanting wife beaters having guns. I just see a good possibility of the same type of arguments, (not wanting people on psych meds or with drinking issues having guns) to be the type of thing much of the public,(even some gun owners) might agree with.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swimming pools are also a major public health hazard . Private, unsupervised swimming pools entice people in and drown thousands! I think the CDC bureaucracy should expand to regulate them as well.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all due respect the Laughtonberg Amd. had nothing to do with science or cop killer bullets, it was based on the emotional concept of not wanting wife beaters having guns. I just see a good possibility of the same type of arguments, (not wanting people on psych meds or with drinking issues having guns) to be the type of thing much of the public,(even some gun owners) might agree with.
I get what you're saying. I just can't hit on the education thing enough, though. That's our best defense in my opinion.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quack Doctors Are Carriers of Social Disease!

[If these doctors succeed in making their gun problem a national health issue then they will expect the government to regulate guns to stave off the infectious disease. Some will think that is farfetched; however, some doctors are already asking new patients if they have a gun in their home. A patient should inform that doctor that it is none of his business or the government’s business. Teachers have asked students if there are guns in their homes! I think that is straying from the usual Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic or more correctly, baking, basket-weaving, and basketball. The schools have become nut factories, athletic clubs, and social clinics and children should be taught by their parents to refuse to answer any personal questions and to report to their parents any teacher who asks personal questions.

I predict that within five years, every insurance policy will ask a question about gun ownership, and every IRS form and other federal forms will ask the gun question under penalty of perjury! If Liberals rule much longer, you can count on that becoming reality.]

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/49043

Latest posts

Top Bottom