Is It “Anti-Faith” To Prepare For The Coming Economic Collapse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does being a prepper show a lack of faith in God? Should good Christians reject prepping altogether? Yesterday, someone actually accused me of being "anti-faith" because I am encouraging people to prepare for the coming economic collapse. This person believes that if I had faith, then I would make "no provision" for what is ahead and simply trust "in God's providence alone". So is that person right? Is it really "anti-faith" to prepare for the coming economic collapse?
Continued:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...h-to-prepare-for-the-coming-economic-collapse

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's something that would make for a good, friendly debate among Believers. It's probably something that's okay to agree or disagree about. But, in Christianity, we have freedom and all things are permissible. If one is preparing to serve and share and give hope and feed the hungry in coming hard times, I tend to think that this is a wise use of time and gifts.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, someone actually accused me of being "anti-faith" because I am encouraging people to prepare for the coming economic collapse. This person believes that if I had faith, then I would make "no provision" for what is ahead and simply trust "in God's providence alone".

Thinking like that is what drives me nuts about organized religion and self-proclaimed "Christians". The interpretations some people come up with can be laughable sometimes.

I'd ask that individual if they purchase health, life, auto, or home-owners insurance. Do they wear seatbelts? Do they look both ways before they cross the street? If "God's Providence" will provide in a collapse, then he'll provide after an F-5. Cancel that homeowners policy and increase your tithing.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does being a prepper show a lack of faith in God? Should good Christians reject prepping altogether? Yesterday, someone actually accused me of being "anti-faith" because I am encouraging people to prepare for the coming economic collapse. This person believes that if I had faith, then I would make "no provision" for what is ahead and simply trust "in God's providence alone". So is that person right? Is it really "anti-faith" to prepare for the coming economic collapse?
Continued:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/is-it-really-anti-faith-to-prepare-for-the-coming-economic-collapse

Not to hijack your thread, but there are a lot of parents that think allowing a higher power to cure their child's illness vs medical treatment have lost their child and gone to jail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom