Is It “Anti-Faith” To Prepare For The Coming Economic Collapse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading an interview with Mel Gibson in which he said that his father taught his family that it was a sin to worry about money or what will happen in life
and I think I know where that comes from.

And Mel Gibson is a reliable source???

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading an interview with Mel Gibson in which he said that his father taught his family that it was a sin to worry about money or what will happen in life
and I think I know where that comes from.

And Mel Gibson is a reliable source???

Matthew 6:25-27

New International Version (NIV)
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does being a prepper show a lack of faith in God? Should good Christians reject prepping altogether? Yesterday, someone actually accused me of being "anti-faith" because I am encouraging people to prepare for the coming economic collapse. This person believes that if I had faith, then I would make "no provision" for what is ahead and simply trust "in God's providence alone". So is that person right? Is it really "anti-faith" to prepare for the coming economic collapse?
Continued:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...h-to-prepare-for-the-coming-economic-collapse

I think whoever said that to you is one of the following:
Out of their mind.
Not realistic.
Stupid
Misguided
Naive
Well... You get the picture.

No one can tell you or measure how faithful you are. It's personal.

If their logic in "faith" is true then they should quit their jobs tomorrow and let God provide a living for them.

As for the afore mentioned point of not letting prepping consume you to a point of unhealthy obsession. I agree and that's true for a lot of things. Keep it in perspective. Good advise on here.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not "anti-faith" to prepare for anything, self-defense and self-preservation (and by extension, the same for family/friends) is very natural and accepted throughout time and across all cultures.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The principle found in Proverb 22:3, "The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." is easily applicable to this question.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm reminded of THE ORIGIONAL SURVIVALIST, Noah. Gen 6:13 The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them. And of course the rest is history from God giving instruction on how to PERP and what to PREP and he went on to "be fruitful and multiply, an replenish the earth.

Then along came Joseph, The Great Prepper in spite of that coat of many Colors in Gen41:30 gearing up the entire nation of Egypt and leading them through famine, all directed by the one and only God, I AM.

A few scriptures to look to for God's direction on this topic would be:
gen 6, 7, 8 & 9 then gen 41:30-36 & 54-57.
Proverbs 6:6-11, 13:22-25, 14:15-22, 22:3-9, 27:12.
Luke 6:6, 12:56, Heb 11:7, 1st the 5:1, 1st. Tim 5:8, & Rev 6:6, 16:15.

Jesse Pinkman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Dave Ramsey hit the nail on the head when he mentioned this on his radio show the other day. Its okay to prep... as long as you are conducting yourself responsibly financially in other areas. If you are prepping instead of taking care of the basic financial needs of your family, then you have a problem. Otherwise, prep to your heart's content.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can not quote chapter and verse out of the bible but God gave you the brains or the ability to protect yourself and your family. This includes self defense and preparing for when times are tough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom