Is the Tea Party done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Paul Ryan supposed to be a Tea Party favorite? Or did I read all those blogs and tweets and hear those talk radio hosts wrong?

You are making a provocative point. Ryan had the endorsement of groups claiming to represent the Tea Party, but there is no official Tea Party group wielding control over the movement.

Most people would agree that you cannot have a perfect politician - you compromise and go with the one whose beliefs are closest to yours. I think that Ryan was supported by these groups primarily because of his fiscal conservatism and not because of his social agenda.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are making a provocative point. Ryan had the endorsement of groups claiming to represent the Tea Party, but there is no official Tea Party group wielding control over the movement.

Most people would agree that you cannot have a perfect politician - you compromise and go with the one whose beliefs are closest to yours. I think that Ryan was supported by these groups primarily because of his fiscal conservatism and not because of his social agenda.
I agree 100%. These people saying they are the tea party "candidate" need to be called to the carpet. You can have tea party ideals, but there is no tea party candidate. And if we're to stay with our beliefs, we need to distance ourselves from pols who want to capitalize on the tea party name. For example, I heard that Gov Fallin wanted to give a speech at the very first capitol rally and was told "no" because it was a nonpartisan movement who thought that politicians were the problem!

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My impression of the TP was that it was mostly a movement against big government, but not necessarily supporters of the Constitution which is a reason I kept my distance from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom