Is the Tea Party done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting after-election email from one of the tea party organizations:

Fellow Patriots,

With the catastrophic loss of the Republican elite’s hand-picked candidate –Tea Party Patriots like you are the last best hope America has to restore America’s founding principles.

For those of us who believe that America, as founded, is the greatest country in the history of the world – a ‘Shining city upon a hill’ – we wanted someone who would fight for us. We wanted a fighter like Ronald Reagan who boldly championed America’s founding principles, who inspired millions of independents and ‘Reagan Democrats’ to join us, and who fought his leftist opponents on the idea that America, as founded, was a ‘Shining city upon a hill.’

What we got was a weak moderate candidate, hand-picked by the Beltway elites and country-club establishment wing of the Republican Party. The Presidential loss is unequivocally on them.

While it might take longer with President Obama back in office, we are not going away and will continue to educate Americans on our core principles, and why they are essential for America's future greatness. It took over 40 years to take America to the place we are tonight. We have known since we began protesting at our first round of tea parties in February, 2009, it would take longer than 3 ½ years to correct the problems facing our country.

The re-election of President Obama may be daunting tonight. Remember in 2008, the people who did not give up after the elections, the ones who started Top Conservatives on Twitter, Smart Girl Politics, and DontGo, paved the way for us to have a conference call with just 22 people on the call after Rick Santelli had a rant in 3 months later. We went from 22 people to over 40 million voters who said they identify with the “tea party” and would vote with the tea party in less than 4 years. That happened because of each of you.

We cannot change what the Republican establishment handed us tonight. We can stop Barack Obama from fundamentally changing the future and character of this nation. We can stop the mushy-middle, non-fighters in the GOP from rolling over and getting rolled, yet again by the Left.

Here is what we are going to do.

We are going to fight for America’s founding principles.

Our core principles of free markets, fiscal responsibility, and constitutionally limited government resonate with the American people.

When we fight for our principles, we win.

When the GOP elbows aside the American people, because they think they know what`s best for us – they lose. Like they just did.

We are not going away.

We respect the Constitution and we know that, for America to succeed, we need to continue educating Americans on our core principles, and why are they essential for America's future greatness.
Now we turn our attention back to Congress, to fight the battles that lie ahead.

As in 2010, state by state and county by county, we will fight for the freedom other Americans have fought for. We will also turn our attention back to Congress, to fight the battles that lie ahead....
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=378811b3c052d40a005861416&id=3f50bd0938&e=5d7fc13770

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this thread is evidence that the tea party has a lot of life left. The teaparty will still be here several years hence, alienating sane people and electing Democrats. GOD help us.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I checked what the Tea Party stood for, it was more government and less tolerance.

My perception is that it is mainly concerned with bolstering the free enterprise system and promoting responsible government spending. But there are Tea Partiers who also have their own additional agendas. It is a coalition.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a sad state of affairs when a group of people who support the Constitution of the United States and smaller government and are demonized and called "Tea Baggers". God help this country.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My perception is that it is mainly concerned with bolstering the free enterprise system and promoting responsible government spending. But there are Tea Partiers who also have their own additional agendas. It is a coalition.

I agree. The rallies I went to attacked out of control gov't. They didn't attack abortion, LGBT's, blacks, latinos, they weren't lobbying to have mandatory christian prayer in schools. But yet Michelle Bachmann said during the debates she would lobby for a Constitutional amendment making abortion illegal and she was the "tea party candidate" from Minnesota? How the hell did we get there?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Isn't Paul Ryan supposed to be a Tea Party favorite? Or did I read all those blogs and tweets and hear those talk radio hosts wrong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom