Is there a reason to be a good person anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Honestly is there a reason to have scruples and do the right thing?

It seems I always get the end of the stick that has the dog poop on it no matter what I do. I watch people screw over customers at businesses, craigslist deals and the likes and 90% of them profit from it and it seems there's no repercussion. I was raised to do the right thing and be a good person and it will come back in spades. Obviously I was lied to because I've worked my ass cheeks off to get everything I have and it's getting harder to keep all of it. My wife and I try to be responsible with our money yet still have less money than people I know that call in to work every other day, blow money on video games and the like and never pay their bills yet they always come out on top in one way or another.

If I came out on top just once I'd probably explode from the excitement. As I'm typing this though I do recall something I should be thankful for I did win a 300Winmag pen from HMFIC and I have been using it like it's going out of style!

Anyway, the latest thing thats happened is I bought a new truck from a dealer and they did some fancy date work with the notary so when they sent the title they wouldn't have to pay the penalties and I would. It looks like theres nothing I can do but pay the penalties. I'm so furious that people will screw someone like this.

The worst part is I think it's my fault for not checking the notary dates when signing the title. I just made the same dumbass assumption I always do in that other people are as honest as I am.

Any rate I'm mad about this as it's like the 25th thing on the list of ways I've been screwed in the last 2weeks and I'm just frustrated to death. I feel like I might as start being a bad person like everyone else, theres no gain in doing the right thing anymore.

Please OSA tell me I'm wrong and that some good people still exist out there that feel the way I do.

Some of the above probably makes little sense as I'm typing this angryily beating on the keyboard. Theres a good possibility I'm just being mad over nothing.

C

Clay

You are wrong, take the high road and eventually you will see others on it.
Do unto others and if they screw you over, dont deal with them ever again.
Karma is a *****.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a good sleep aid IMO. Another thing that helps me feel better is calling people out when they try to screw me or someone I care about over. :)

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they're right. As for the car dealer, even if they won't do anything about it, you should at least call them up and let them have it. Even if they laugh at you and hang up you will at least know where they stand and can spread word around about how shady they are. What dealership is it?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I would be curious how they manipulated the date. If the date doesn't match the bill of sale or the temp tag, I would assume the tag agency would be interested in knowing why. If they did manipulate the date, I would tell the dealership they have one opportunity to make this right or you are going to contact the manufacturer of the truck and notify them that one of their dealers is manipulating title dates and that they have one opportunity to make it right before you contact the media to expose the issue and the dealership.

On a lighter note, I do the right thing because it makes me feel good. I try not to worry about other people. I have a friend that is like what you described.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, they're right. As for the car dealer, even if they won't do anything about it, you should at least call them up and let them have it. Even if they laugh at you and hang up you will at least know where they stand and can spread word around about how shady they are. What dealership is it?

The dealer is Ultimate Auto Finance in Owasso/Collinsville they are a buy here pay here and normally I would have ran from them but I got a very very good deal on the truck because the guy didn't seem to know what he had.

I would be curious how they manipulated the date. If the date doesn't match the bill of sale or the temp tag, I would assume the tag agency would be interested in knowing why. If they did manipulate the date, I would tell the dealership they have one opportunity to make this right or you are going to contact the manufacturer of the truck and notify them that one of their dealers is manipulating title dates and that they have one opportunity to make it right before you contact the media to expose the issue and the dealership.

On a lighter note, I do the right thing because it makes me feel good. I try not to worry about other people. I have a friend that is like what you described.

I will be back at the tag agency tomorrow to talk to the manager or whatever the managerial figure is there because they were quite confused on the dates. I was so furious when they pointed it out that I had to leave. The woman at the desk told me it would be my problem but after I calmed down a little I called and talked to someone on the phone and they said they would look at my bill of sale and hopefully I wouldn't have to pay the penalties.

Isn't it against the law for a notary to actually notarize a document knowing it's not true?

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i thought a notary was there to witness and stamp the signature? you are going to be made fun of for this one!!

you have 30 days from the time it was signed over to get it in your name???

Latest posts

Top Bottom