Is there anyone here stupid enough to do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
PSO contacted me by email asking my opinion on their plan to start installing chargers for electric cars all over town.
I told them that perhaps they should wait till there is a need for chargers before the waste the money.
Who is in charge there? Are they out of their mind?

I would imagine they would be along shortly asking for another rate increase to cover these cost as well. :pissed:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, I can't ever imagine giving up control of my thermostat to PSO or anyone else for that matter.

I would however LOVE an electric car if they were affordable, economically sound and practical.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, I can't ever imagine giving up control of my thermostat to PSO or anyone else for that matter.

I would however LOVE an electric car if they were affordable, economically sound and practical.

I wouldn't have a problem with an electric car either. Problem is, my fat butt (6ft 5 275lb) frame won't fit in one. :grumble:

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the energy required to re-cool the supposed 2 degrees is going to be much greater than the energy required to maintain the original temp. So the peak energy savings only comes at the end of peak hours, from those who cycled off during peak and cycled back on during off-peak.

Am I crazy or did no one at PSO take Thermodynamics I?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This devise will cause you to use more electricity. Over a given time frame, it is cheaper(uses less energy) to maintain a set level of cool than it takes to re-cool the same area after the area is allowed to warm up some. Simply running the fan adds to the problem as well. It takes energy to run the fan and that energy is transferred to the air the fan is moving. The air conditioning also removes moisture from the air. While the A/C isn't running, the humidity in your house will rise adding to your discomfort, adding to mold problems, warping rifle stocks and fostering rust.

Just say "no".

Woody

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like the energy required to re-cool the supposed 2 degrees is going to be much greater than the energy required to maintain the original temp. So the peak energy savings only comes at the end of peak hours, from those who cycled off during peak and cycled back on during off-peak.

Am I crazy or did no one at PSO take Thermodynamics I?

Logical thinking is not something they seem to grasp. There should be one of our OG&E guys along shortly to let us all know we are idiots for not wanting to go "green".

If you could fit, I shouldn't have to pay for your charger, which is what I think they are trying to push.

Exactly. Price it to be self sufficient.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had my A/C serviced yesterday... house was running 79-80F during the hot part of the day, now it's a nice, cool 72F. I know what circulating air is like without a compressor running properly. Not cool... and not good.

Screw this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom