it really ticks me off that people are only patriotic 1 day a year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. It really annoys me how we treat holidays now. It seems like nobody cares what the days actually mean. They just use it as an excuse to get drunk and act like idiots.

According to a new poll by Marist, more than a quarter of Americans couldn’t correctly identify the country from which the United States declared its independence. While 74 percent correctly named Great Britain, 20 percent said they weren’t sure and six percent named other countries.

I'm surprised it's only 26%.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, for too many people it is just another drunk weekend at the lake. Not that I'm opposed to either, but we shouldn't forget the reason for the season.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. It really annoys me how we treat holidays now. It seems like nobody cares what the days actually mean. They just use it as an excuse to get drunk and act like idiots.

Unfortunately a lot of Americans are only patriotic when its fashionable to do so. Of course, I think this depends on where you live. I would like to think people in OK are more patriotic than say people from NYC.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a glass is half empty kind of website.

Grab a beer, a soda, turn on some lee greenwood, celebrate with some chineas fireworks, watch f-16's fly over and get the chills as they turn on the afterburners!!!! I got 5 minutes to check OSA before i head out for some more water and fun. get off OSA and celebrate!!!!!!!

PS screw off channel 6 why dont you fly over and show pictures on your newscast that is not from 8 am in the morning!!!!! Grand Lake fireworks were great!!!! tons of people and boats!!!!

bigken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of Americans are only patriotic when its fashionable to do so. Of course, I think this depends on where you live. I would like to think people in OK are more patriotic than say people from NYC.

I agree with you there, and that's one of the reasons I like OK so much. My thoughts towards it are more in general and especially about people of my generation. I'm young (24), but I always feel like an old man because when I look at people my age, I just wonder what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom