it really ticks me off that people are only patriotic 1 day a year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

[Broken External Image]

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a glass is half empty kind of website.
Grab a beer, a soda, turn on some lee greenwood, celebrate with some chineas fireworks, watch f-16's fly over and get the chills as they turn on the afterburners!!!! I got 5 minutes to check OSA before i head out for some more water and fun. get off OSA and celebrate!!!!!!!

PS screw off channel 6 why dont you fly over and show pictures on your newscast that is not from 8 am in the morning!!!!! Grand Lake fireworks were great!!!! tons of people and boats!!!!

It's definately a lot worse that it used to be.

I guess I'm more patriotic about what OSA once was, not what it is. :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

[Broken External Image]

Break the wrist..... walk away.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would our founding fathers consider us patriotic? Would they think we're celebrating the freedoms, liberties, and principals that they fought for and founded this nation on, or would they think we're celebrating the culture we've become which often provides diversion from the reality of what we've lost?
Consider the statements below and then read The Declaration of Independence, (what this day is really supposed to be about).
What might they think of the current state of the nation they created, would they celebrate it, and what would they think of us?

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men."
-- Samuel Adams

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us
tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second
will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to
control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up [around the banks] will deprive
the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the
continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the
banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

_Thomas Jefferson_
(http://www.quotatio nspage.com/ quotes/Thomas_ Jefferson/) , Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance."
James Madison

“A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.”~Benjamin Franklin

"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
-- John Adams

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
~Thomas Jefferson~

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~John Adams.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry - Thomas Jefferson

"Where the people fear the government, you have tyranny; where the government fears the people, you have liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst; and to provide for it." -Patrick Henry

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." -Samuel Adams

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

This post has officially won the thread.

It's possible to be patriotic without actively expressing patriotism all the time.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my defense, I've found that the 4th of July is just about the only time people seem to tolerate me blowin' sh!+ up.
I mean, when you do it any other time of the year (save for New Years Day) people tend to call the fuzz on ya'...

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having taken my turn in uniform being someplace I didn't want to be, and having lost friends in actions and accidents I wasn't in, I can get rather holstile to people who think getting obnoxiously drunk and shooting off Chinese fireworks wherever they please (including onto somebody ele's property) is the required way to express patriotism. Especially when they tell me I'm not patriotic.

I prefer a gathering with friends, and a prayer of thanks for God's mercy and the sacrifice of people who have protected the freedoms we have in spite of the many years' bumbling efforts our distinguished elected officials.........sofar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom