It's nippy !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't like winter; never did. 43 years in Massachusetts was 42-1/2 too many. As far as the heat, I take more and longer breaks, and I keep the AC in fine tuned condition. I also have a generator if the power fails, and two vehicles with AC for back-up.

Come to think of it, I don't like the winters here in Oklahoma all that much either. That said, I love it here and I will gladly put up with a couple months of the cold compared to 6 months of cold back in MA. Another bonus to living in Oklahoma ... snow that only sticks around for 2 or 3 days max, and not very deep at that.

Woody

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are working, low 50s is perfect. Back in the 80s, I had an automotive machine shop. In the winter I kept it at 55 degrees.
Folks would come in and comment, but as long as I was working, I was comfortable.

You may have been happy but you wouldn't have had me for a customer. I may have visited once but wouldn't have went back.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the cold compared to a sweltering, muggy, sun scorched summer. I can always stay warm but you just cannot escape the heat.

This. 10 times.

Oddly enough, as I get older, the heat bothers me more than the cold. Back in my 20s I worked outdoors. Heavy work, cold, hot, rain, whatever.

Now, I don't mind the chilly, but the heat just saps me.

But, I no longer do the heavy work like I did back then.

+1... I may be forced into a hoodie, but I'm still in shorts.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A baby polar bear walks up to his momma. "Momma, am I a full-blooded polar bear?"

"Well, your father is a full-blooded polar bear, and I'm a full-blooded polar bear, so, yes, I'd say you're a full-blooded polar bear."

He nods and walks off. Next, he finds his father. "Daddy, am I a full-blooded polar bear?"

"Well, son, your mother is a full-blooded polar bear, and I'm a full-blooded polar bear, so, yes, you're a full-blooded polar bear."

He nods and walks off. Next, he finds his grandma. "Grandma, am I a full-blooded polar bear?"

Grandma, having heard him talking to both his parents and being a wise old bear, says, "yes, you're a full-blooded polar bear. Why do you ask?"

"Because I'm ****ing FREEZING!"

Yeah, I'll take to heat of the summer over the cold any day.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are talking about how cold it is, but haven’t posted any pics? I’m disappointed.

D60741DF-25FB-41E7-9D0A-4374541C549D.jpeg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1... I may be forced into a hoodie, but I'm still in shorts.
I wear shorts about 8-9 months a year in Tulsa. When I was in Lawton I could squeak and extra month or two out. That dang wind blows and extra 5-10 over what it does up here. So once January rolled around I would break out the long pants.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are talking about how cold it is, but haven’t posted any pics? I’m disappointed.

View attachment 145565

Mmkay...

... Colorado some years back.

Home sweet home at that time...

Ford F450

Coldest we sat it get in that 20 months in Colorado was -6 degrees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom