Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There has been an aircraft, a Drone actually, flying over the Yuma AZ Test Range, off and on for the last few months. It's a Solar-Electric powered drone that hit a new record altitude for a drone at 76,000 feet a few days ago. I was keeping tabs on it about a month or so ago, and it seemed to be aloft for 5 or 6 days. I would check it a couple of times a day and it was always aloft. Check out This Link It's flying right now.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'sThere is frequently some rather odd aircraft flying around over the USA. In the last year I've seen 40-55-60 year old Israeli Kfir's, French Mirages, Saab's, and some I can't recall right this second. These are obsolete, are surplus, and I have no idea how they get parts and support for them, but they do.

You'd think that all of the refueling jets (think kc-135, kc-10, the new kc-46 Pegasus) to be government owned, military owned, right? However there is at least one company, privately owned company, owning their own refueling jets, and you'll frequently see them on ADSB, etc. Google "Omega Air Refueling dot com" and read their history, story, aircraft and what they do. Very interesting.

The F-35 is built in Fort Worth and you will see test flights often, they will usually head west to maybe almost to Midland-Odessa and do their test thing.

NASA has a 747 Jet with a huge telescope, toodles around at high altitude for the better view for the telescope.

NASA also operates a Martin B57 Camberra bomber from the 1950's for weather research.

If you have the money to buy and maintain and operate a surplus L29 or L39 military jet made by the Czech's, they're pretty much just surplus, but I think at least one is owned by an Oklahoma pilot. You'll see a number of them toodling around at times.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any "Men in Black", nor would we be able to discuss it if such "Men in Black" did in fact exist.
Good call, but still wondering who they were, Guess I'll just keep my mouth shut lest the'Men in Black' show up at my door 🤣🤣

Not dressed in black, but.....

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tracked an aircraft yesterday that was labeled "Special Operations Command" but gave no other details except things like speed, altitude, and position. It was tracking to the SW, maybe headed for Texas.
I was in the SOC, we flew recon search and destroy missions in SE Asia and recon and rescue missions all over the Pacific.

Latest posts

Top Bottom