Joe Pa is gone. PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of grown men who need to spend the rest of their lives behind bars ... AFTER the defense attorneys and the victims take everything they own ... Actually, I'd prefer the victims get it all ...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a pattern here?

[SYRACUSE, N.Y.(AP)- Syracuse police spokesman Tom Connellan says Syracuse University did not contact police in 2005 when the school was informed of allegations of "inappropriate contact" by an associate men's basketball coach.]

http://news.yahoo.com/police-syracuse-didnt-c...

Last updated at 5:48 AM on 15th November 2011

[The president of a South Carolina military university that was hit by child sex abuse allegations admitted on Monday that the school could have and should have done more.

Lt. Gen. John Rosa, President of The Citadel, said the school investigated the accusations in 2007 but eventually closed the case and did not report it to the police.

The alleged offender was arrested last month and charged with multiple accounts of direct sexual molestation of young teenage boys, ABC News reports]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20616...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What better place for a child molester to make a living than at a place children hang out? Nothing new, no pattern other than perverts doing what perverts do best. Bastards ...

I don't recall the church name or the town it happened in (but it was here in Oklahoma because I worked for the man's defense attorney) but several years ago a youth minister at a small church was convicted of molestation. A 13 or 14 year old girl was hired by this man to "babysit" his 12 or 13 year old son. HER parents allowed her to spend DAYS (and nights) at this man's house without supervision. He will more than likely spend the rest of his days in jail (thank God). My only question is why her parents weren't brought up on neglect charges ...

Still makes my skin crawl ...

I broke the lease at an appartment complex I lived at because some 30-something woman was "fond" of my 12 year old son. *****!! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm not blind either. My son told me later (after he married and had kids of his own) that she hadn't "gotten him" but she had tried. I asked him why he didn't say anything to me and he said it was because he was afraid I'd kill her ... so he and his brothers would stay at a friend's house every day after school until I came home from work. He also said he'd never been so happy in his life as he was when I told them we were moving ...

WTF does a 30 or 40-something year old man or woman see in a 10 or 12 year old kid???!?!?!?

Last edited:

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The laws in oklahoma make it difficult for adult victims to go after the organizations/ institutions that employed the offender.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, assuming the organization did its due diligence in hiring someone. A sex offender who's never been arrested or caught isn't going to have any bad things in a background check.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the ones that knew and did nothing, or covered it up? In your scenario, the orgabization probably wouldn't be held liable anyway. So, you are dead wrong, it is a very bad thing that lets people like these Penn State bozos off the hook here in Oklahoma.

But hey, what should I expect, this is the audience that elected people who will have enacted Corporate Immunity. It's all good until it is you and yours. Then it will be whining about how the laws are unfair.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, assuming the organization did its due diligence in hiring someone. A sex offender who's never been arrested or caught isn't going to have any bad things in a background check.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the university enforce its policies as best it could? If they did, how can you justify holding the university responsible for the actions of individuals?

University "policy" doesn't trump the law in respect to the requirement to report a crime. Screw the policy...call the cops.

This is part of the problem....Universities are to often allowed to operate as sovereign entities and as such they develop 'Empire" mindsets and begin to act accordingly. Protect the empire, protect the endowment, at all costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom