Just had a new Storm Shelter installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My in-laws were concerned about the shelter that we inherited when we bought our house, it had an old shoddy door with only one operable hinge still attached and the concrete was crumbling inside. So they ordered us a FamilySAFE Safe Room, this thing is a best weighing in at 2,000 pounds and being 3'x5'. I swear the door is a 1/4 of that weight. Here are some pictures of it.

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_e0591737.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_9af2ed30.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_c0ac16e4.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_1a77bc8e.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_05adf1c3.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_39b9fcac.jpg

i1105.photobucket.com_albums_h351_Travis_Cummings_73dab874.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VERY nice!

Makes for a good secure storage area too as long as you don't make it difficult to use in an emergency. If you don't mind saying, what did it end up running installed?

Ps. Your flag is hanging with the union on the wrong side... should always be to the left as observed when hung vertically on a wall. :) Kudos for displaying it though!

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dang that looks nice i wish i had room in the garage for one but we are looking at one that goes in the floor

This is what my brother does for a living, his company does in ground either in the garage or in your yard, if you like. I know they have three sizes, the biggest one is the biggest one offered here in Oklahoma. All ten gauge steel, exceeds FEMA standards, what ever color you like, etc etc etc.

If you want me to beat him up on a special OSA price, PM me and I will do my best for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom