New Storm Shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a Vortex Vault installed this morning. It actually substitutes as the 'box springs' of our King size bed. It has two scissor lifts that telescopes it to about 5' inside. It works on 110v current with a backup battery. Has a light and USB ports. You could install a small TV inside. It did raise the height of the mattress top, but I think it was worth it to not lose any floorspace.

It's rated for an EF5, and a 60,000lb crush. Took 'em about 3 1/2 hours to assemble/install. It's anchored with 32 big assed 5" masonry lags.

Being inside, there's no worry of bugs, snakes, water, etc. And, it's climate controlled to the temp inside your house. There's plenty of room and you can sit upright in a lawn chair. Guess you could also get a big piece of foam to use as a mattress inside.

One less thing to worry about now.

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

xseler

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t they show this on Shark Tank a year or so ago? Seems like a great idea where other types may not be appropriate.

That's what my sister said. You can also wheel a wheelchair through the opening. It fit our needs/wants perfectly.

xseler

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, I've never seen one of those.
I guess replacing carpet will be a bit more difficult.

Nah, it's the 'freshest' carpet in the house --- it's always had a bed over it. When we replace the flooring, that carpet will remain, even if we go with wood (it's extra padding anyway).

Latest posts

Top Bottom