Just had a new Storm Shelter installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Family Safe room as well. I cannot tell you what a good feeling it is the first time you need it! The feeling of being secure is a vast difference from grabbing everyone, hiding in the closet, with me against the door holding it closed with a dog leash! :igetit: It is worth its weight in gold.

I was impressed how the install crew manuvered the beast (mine is 4'x8') into the corner of the garage using schedule 40 pvc pipe for rollers.

I eventually want to pipe in AC/Heating duct to the top of the unit. It gets aweful hot in there.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had one that survived the May 1999 tornado that hit OKC. The Hilti bolts hold an ungodly amount of weight and are spread out to distribute that weight.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well as I said my in-laws paid for it so we got the size they bought us. 3X5 actually works well because the left side of the shelter works perfect for placing my rifles and ammo, it's nice to know I can lock it all up whenever we go out of town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom