Just had a new Storm Shelter installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you swung 100,000 pounds into the side of that box it may survive but i doubt the foundation and anchor bolts do. I do know that there was a jim giles saferoom in joplin that made it through. im just skeptical about paying 5 grand for one of those or 3500 for an underground one. not trying to whore up your thread.

I have pictures of one that took a direct hit in the May 2011 tornado out in Piedmont at Falcon Lake. It was the only recognizable part of the house still standing. I was skeptical until I saw that.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_IMG_3925.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any preparing is better than none. We went with a larger Flatsafe in our garage floor. growing up in the plains of Oklahoma, I just feel better being underground and just let stuff fly and not worry about it.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like it but what happens when a Ford F350 it tossed into the side of it by an F4???

I keep two prybars, 5# sledge :hithead:, claw hammer, appropriate punch, chisel and adjustable wrench in there. Just stuff to pry/move that door off the removable hinges - or - God forbid, have to remove the mounting nuts and wedge the room up to wiggle out. My buddies know I've got a safe room so they know to pull the F350 off me if they don't hear from me though!

Something else I want to get around to is welding a set of simple shelves up high. It would make it much more roomy to get the water, etc. off the floor.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what my brother does for a living, his company does in ground either in the garage or in your yard, if you like. I know they have three sizes, the biggest one is the biggest one offered here in Oklahoma. All ten gauge steel, exceeds FEMA standards, what ever color you like, etc etc etc.

If you want me to beat him up on a special OSA price, PM me and I will do my best for you!

Id be interested, I close on my house next month

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id be interested, I close on my house next month

Yeah, I have had a few PMs. Probably easier to answer here versus privately.

My brother has agreed to knock $100 off his price for OSA members, so the discount is in place!

As some of you might recall, my job is in credit card processing, so I am not really versed in his shelters. He is really the guy to answer any detailed questions. If anyone would like any info, such as the sizes on the units or pricing or lead time or w/e else, just PM me with your info and I will have him contact you. He is pretty passionate about storm safety, I know he is willing to go the extra mile to get shelters to people that need them. I know he can handle financing as well, so that is something, too.

With that said, I will stop hijacking this thread!

Latest posts

Top Bottom