Kansas City MO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Is the trip up there worth it just for the WW1 museum and maybe to pick up some KC style BBQ?

I found some very old threads here about KC and back then everyone was saying the city wasn't really that great, but those threads were from 2012.
I've never been to the WW1 museum there but it used to be worth the trip to go see the animal displays at Cabela's and eat at Famous Dave's BBQ across the street.

There is even more built up around there now near the race track and the soccer stadium.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been several years since we visited the WWI museum, but I remember it as being a “time we’ll spent”. KC is a favorite city for us, and we always enjoy our visits. (And the BBQ is good also)

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been several years since we visited the WWI museum, but I remember it as being a “time we’ll spent”. KC is a favorite city for us, and we always enjoy our visits. (And the BBQ is good also)

David do you recall about how much time it took for you to do the museum tour?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arthur Bryant’s was good. A couple of my college buddies and I drove up there a few years ago and toured the Harley plant and the Boulevard Brewery. We ate at Oklahoma Joe’s(now just Joe’s BBQ) and Arthur Bryant’s both were pretty good.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Save your time and money and DON'T eat at Famous Dave's which is fake BBQ. There are so many better choices for Q in KC; Arthur Bryant's; Jack Stack's, Gate's, Wyandott's, etc. If you get sick of BBQ don't miss Strouds fried chicken; https://www.stroudsrestaurant.com/overland-park/about-strouds/
If money's no object then be sure to eat at Pierpont's at Union Station; https://pierponts.com/about
Well I only had a slab of ribs at Famous Dave's, twice, but I thought it was very good.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
David do you recall about how much time it took for you to do the museum tour?

As best as I can remember, we were there a couple of hours. Both of us tend to read all the information in the exhibits, so we may take more time than the average visitor. And it was maybe as much as 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom