Kids Going Hungry Under Obama Policy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, them tubbies will go home a rummage through the pantry.

Seriously though. Can one not make a lunch and take it?

In some school districts, no you can not. In others, they have even started inspecting lunches brought from home to make sure they fit the guidelines. Nannie state at it's finest.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's blame to be shared between parents and the schools and the govt. When parents stopped parenting it created a vacuum that the schools naturally tried to fill.

There's always gonna be parents that don't parent. There are bad parents who are just lazy, there are kids born in abject poverty and surrounded by crime, and there's kids born to 9th grade girls whose parents all but disown them. Either way it's hard to do much about it when you're 8.

I dunno. I'm a huge beliver in public schools, but at the same time I also loathe them and how they are currently ran and administered. Better option then letting the poor townschildren run the streets learning to pick pockets and steal bread from the village baker, but it's a pretty slim margin.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Soviet Russia, peenutt buttter eeenspect YOU!

www.wmeentertainment.com_yakov_smirnoff_imgs_YAKOV_SMIRNOFF_Hires.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Obama administration has mandated that school lunches shall be healthy and kids are suffering as a result.

Maybe you think free choice is a bad thing and support this. I don't. Food control is a lot like gun control.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleo...new_lunch_menu

On occasion, I have to drive past the Junior High.

Those kids need some food disipline.

We are going to be a society of road toads before long.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, them tubbies will go home a rummage through the pantry.

Seriously though. Can one not make a lunch and take it?

My kids took lunches with them. I found out they were ditching them after leaving the house as they didn't want to be seen as a poor kid. (we were).

Images matter to kids at that age.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I say save the tax payer loads of money and cut out school lunches all together. Ooohhhhhhh, that's right because we have to give free meals to kids whose parents choose to not feed their own at home. Are some families in need of extra help to feed their children. Sure, and I don't mind helping pay but there is so much abuse of the system I tend to get a little jaded. I really don't like all the regulation like what is going on in NY and across the country with the food consumption regulations but since so many kids are are getting these meals for free I have no problem with the healthier lunches. If the kids don't like it they can eat their shoes. A truly hungry child that comes from a poor family should have no problem with a healthy meal. Again, if they do, go hungry.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know if this keeps up it will cause some changes.

There will be a new kind of pusher working the schools. "Yo man, come over here. I got all the good stuff man. I got Snickers, Reese's Pieces, Ho-Hos. Nope sorry man, I keep my Ding-Dongs for the cheerleaders. he he he.

The jack booted thugs will be searching school lockers with Twinkie sniffing dogs.

The number 1 song will be a remake of a classic called "Snacking in the boys room"

Latest posts

Top Bottom