Kinda funny, kinda serious question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard discussions about this before. I haven't been carrying long, and haven't had the situation arise, but when I've been at home, The pants just come down and the gun just flops around a bit still in the holster, still on the belt. When I'm done I just pull it all up, tighten the belt and I'm good. I'm kinda confused about what the problem really is. Are we afraid it will be seen by others outside the stall?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard discussions about this before. I haven't been carrying long, and haven't had the situation arise, but when I've been at home, The pants just come down and the gun just flops around a bit still in the holster, still on the belt. When I'm done I just pull it all up, tighten the belt and I'm good. I'm kinda confused about what the problem really is. Are we afraid it will be seen by others outside the stall?

If your gun is sitting on the ground(because your pants are down), what's to prevent the person sitting in the stall next to you from grabbing your firearm? This is only an issue for people who carry on their waist(vests, jackets, shoulder rigs, etc., do not apply).

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like mine flopping around or taking a chance my belt might slip back through the loop and drop my firearm in the holster on the floor.

I use the same procedure for my IWB and my OWB belt holster on my right side for my 1911. I mostly wear jeans. The OWB is a little loose on most of my belts. It is hard to navigate everything with it in place because the holsters make everything top heavy. I step into the stall and remove my 1911 from the holster and slide it deep into my left front pocket making sure it is on the back side of my cell phone screen. This lets me hold the butt with my left hand close to the fastener while I am un-doing the buckle, fastener, and zipper with my right hand. Then you just have to place the grip between your legs still in your pocket while you do your business. Reverse re-holster and walk out. I feel this lets me also keep control of it better than just laying it on a dirty floor or trying to hang it somewhere. Practicing everything at home is much easier than in real combat. Hope this helps.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With my Smart Carry, I just pull the holster up around my belly.

With my IWB, I pull the gun, drop trou, and put the gun inside my pants on the floor. My only concern is security, not viewing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either fold it into your trousers down low, or just drop trou to the knee level and hold it in place. If your holster doesn't stay put on the belt or the gun falls out of the holster, that's what we call a clue. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom