Kinda funny, kinda serious question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2nd, there's a very old story of a guy hanging it on the hook and when he went to retrieve it, it went off. Problem was, the gun allegedly bounced back and forth on the hook, bump firing till the gun was empty. :bigeye:

I bet that helped everybody finish their business! I think I'll opt to just lay it in my pants between my legs... the gun that is.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1st, never take it off because people have been known to leave them. 2nd, there's a very old story of a guy hanging it on the hook and when he went to retrieve it, it went off. Problem was, the gun allegedly bounced back and forth on the hook, bump firing till the gun was empty. :bigeye:

That's why I posted that suggestion. I read same story and knew someone on here would correct me. It was a troll move to spark debate.

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Massod Ayoob did a demonstration on this topic on Gun Talk TV some time back. He dropped trough, buckled his belt and held his legs apart to hold the gun up on his calves. That made it accessable and off the floor. I've done that in practice, but without buckling my belt. It also keeps it high enough that people can't see it from the other stalls. Personally, I don't like anything of mine to touch the floor in a public restroom.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was an absolutely hysterical thread about this quite a while ago. I looked for it but can't find it -- really too bad too because it was a hoot.

I have a question ... Who FORGETS a gun??

Between this thread and other one in GC about noise you hate I may never look at the door to a men's room the same way ever again ... :lookaroun

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone who recently had a ND while handling the firearm while using the facilities in a public restroom. That person now has a chunk missing out of their finger.

I don't ever handle my carry firearm in a public place. It stays in its retention holster (trigger totally protected, cannot fall out). I try to choose a stall where there is a wall on my strong side to prevent a grab. If someone sees it, well, open carry is legal, and I do enjoy a reasonable expectation of privacy in a stall, right? Don't be looking in bathroom stalls, that's just wrong.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually remove mine and place it on top of the toilet paper dispense if it's one of those flat ones. If it's a curved one, it may go on the back of the toilet (if there is a toilet, not just those pipes). Worst case, it goes in a pants leg, I suppose. I may have to try the trick of refastening the belt around my knees, that sounds like a decent option.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was an absolutely hysterical thread about this quite a while ago. I looked for it but can't find it -- really too bad too because it was a hoot.

Wasn't that the same thread where someone likened the noises emanating from the stall to stepping on ketchup packets?

Latest posts

Top Bottom