Las Vegas Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching and listening to some more videos, I think what you are hearing is the "crack" of supersonic rounds, then the actual report of the shot.
This.

The reports bouncing off walls of glass are going to make it sound like more, and confound the ability to determine the exact location the shots are coming from. Also, the supersonic crack and how loud rifle bullets are when they impact things will make it worse. The latest I just heard on TV was multiple AR-15's converted to full auto. Obviously it's WAY to early to get any kind of accuracy in the reports. Until LE spokespersons confirm what type and whether they were legal or not, speculation will run rampant.

This is an incredibly sad and confusing attack. I can't even wrap my mind around why an educated 64 year old man living in a retirement community would do something like this? What I'm about to say transcends any sort of identity politics that our nation is so foolishly focused on right now. We have a crisis of culture in America. Not black culture or white culture or liberal culture or conservative culture or patriotic culture or on and on ad nauseum. It's American culture. It's fragmented and has no identity. We can't point to a single thing that brings all of us together. There's no cohesiveness and absent that, no way to discourage mass casualty attacks (or any other type of attack for that matter). If I had to point to a single point of failure, it would still be inadequate but I'd say it's an utter lack of respect for other human beings. This shooting isn't any sort of tipping point, it's just another example in a line of examples that's FAR too long.

I've been reading the comments section on news reports most of the morning, and I weep for humanity. They make me feel like reality has fled the scene and some sort of alternate reality has taken over. It's beyond comprehension how everyone is twisting this to fit their narrow minded narrative. The number of posts containing hate and vitriol seem to outstrip those calling for compassion by 10-1. Not to be outdone, the craven political opportunists are already taking advantage of the tragedy before the doctors and other medical professionals can treat the wounds of the victims. The White House briefing on the shooting is underway and the WH press pool is utterly tone deaf.

I have no idea what the solution is, but I know I haven't heard it from a single public source. I'd go so far as to say that everything I've heard so far will only drag us further down the wrong road. It's disheartening to say the least. I just hope we can figure out how to turn things around before it gets too much worse. Prayers to all those who've been injured or killed, all their loved ones and this nation in general. They need all the prayers they can get. :(

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DLIdvQXUQAAkm_R.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Fox News mentioned the Slide Fire.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/0...ad-in-massacre-trump-calls-act-pure-evil.html

"Ryan Cleckner, a former U.S. Army Ranger sniper and author of “Long Range Shooting Handbook,” said the seemingly inconsistent rate of Paddock’s shooting may indicate he was using a device to mimic full-auto fire.

These devices, such as a Slide Fire stock, are legal and can be bought for about $300.

"These devices take advantage of a firearm’s natural recoil to ‘bump-fire’ the firearm thereby mimicking a machine gun without meeting the legal definition,” Cleckner told Fox News."

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/caleb-keeter-vegas-shooting/?fb=dd
Country guitarist who survived Vegas shooting: ‘We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.’
Christine FriarOct 2 at 9:07AM
BTW

After surviving a shooting at a Las Vegas country music festival late Sunday evening—the deadliest in modern U.S. history—Josh Abbott Band guitarist Caleb Keeter has tweeted a plea for stricter gun laws.

In screenshots from a note written on his iPhone, Keeter first identified himself as a lifelong defender of the Second Amendment, which grants all Americans the right to bear arms. Previously he thought allowing civilians to own increasingly powerful firearms was fine because, theoretically, other gun-wielding Americans could step in if any fire broke out. But after surviving the Last Vegas attack, he said his perspective had changed.

“I’ve been a proponent of the 2nd amendment my entire life,” Keeter wrote. “Until the events of last night.”

“I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with CHL licenses, and legal firearms on the bus. They were useless. We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think that we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power. Enough is enough,” he said.

“Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand,” he continued. “These rounds were powerful enough that my crew guys just standing in a close proximity of a victim shot by this f**king coward received shrapnel wounds.”

Keeter ended the letter with a call to action. “We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.” he wrote.

“My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threatened by it. We are unbelievably fortunate to not be among the number of victims killed or seriously wounded by this maniac.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom