Lasik eye surgery..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cougar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you see with your glasses/contacts? Do you have any current eye discomfort? Are you willing to risk something as precious as your vision and health to ditch your glasses? Do you realize that they only treat a "window" on your cornea, and not the entire cornea? This window can cause vision problems when light enters your eye through the untreated area (usually a problem at night when your pupils are open). Oh, and because part of the eye is corrected, and part of it isn't, it isn't possible to correct these night time problems with glasses. Also, one of the reasons people get dry eyes is because of nerve damage. Nerve damage will occur, period. Whether this nerve damage mitigates itself depends on the person.

I know there are a lot of people that are very happy with the results, but I personally can't bring myself to take the risk. If you decide to do it, you should discuss the possibility of doing PRK instead of Lasik. My understanding is that PRK is more painful, with a longer recovery time, and you will be blind for a few weeks after surgery, but that PRK is actually the better and safer route in the long run. (Google Lasik Flap Dislocation)

Plus, when you get old(er) you're going to need reading glasses anyway.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have a long conversation with a trusted optometrist or ophthalmologist that isn't associated with whatever group is trying to sell you the surgery.

Last edited:

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had mine done are ClearSight in ~2008-9. I walked in not being able to read an exit sign from 10 feet and walked out seeing 20-12.

My wife had hers done at the same place maybe 4 years ago.

Absolutely the best decision we could have made.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, I have a low mileage walker that I'll be happy to give you. Only walked around the hood after knee replacements. Hell, I'll even though in a new set of tennis balls. Actual tennis balls, not the, well, you know....

I can see it know !! Annie trundles up in her Darth Vader suit, walker with t-balls and packing heat. Wait, she already shoots better than me, you sell her that walker, she don't need, she is just going to use it as a rest and shoot even better!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had mine done 10 years ago or so.... lasik @ Triad. Probably know 50 people that have had theirs done there too. Never heard of any issues. 20/15 in one eye... 20/20 in the other. Paid ~4K

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see it know !! Annie trundles up in her Darth Vader suit, walker with t-balls and packing heat. Wait, she already shoots better than me, you sell her that walker, she don't need, she is just going to use it as a rest and shoot even better!!!
wheelchair gun.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, I have a low mileage walker that I'll be happy to give you. Only walked around the hood after knee replacements. Hell, I'll even though in a new set of tennis balls. Actual tennis balls, not the, well, you know....

We don't know why (think it might be the new med for the gastroparesis) but my blood sugars are all over the place. This morning they were so low I couldn't walk down the hall without holding on to the walls. I sure could have used that walker! Lol I looked like a drunk walking from the car to Big Buffalo Grill this morning. A couple of pancakes with a TON of syrup made me feel a lot better. I think I'm gonna stop taking that stuff and call the doctor Monday. It's a wild feeling waking up drunk. Haha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom