Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went early this morning and ran 100 rounds of 45 ACP through my Springfield Armory 1911 at the 25 yd. gongs......I was hitting the 8" & 6" gongs pretty consistently this morning and left feeling pretty good about myself.

View attachment 165575

I'm going to try and get in another couple of shooting sessions this week prior to Friday because it may be awhile till I'm able to drop the hammer again.

This coming Friday morning I start doing the pre cataract surgery eye drops multiple times a day for the surgery early Monday morning which means my current prescription glasses are going to be 'off' in one eye after the surgery till I have the other eye done on July 6th and then both eyes will be 'off' for my current glasses till they both heal up to the point I can have a new eye exam done and get new glasses made.......with no range time for awhile I'm probably going to be hell to live with for the next several weeks. :)

Good luck, bud! I had my first eye done May 28th. It's healed up, but I can't get the other eye done until July 6th ... same day as yours, if then. I'm really looking forward to having them both done and new glasses. I haven't shot in weeks! I'll be thinking 'bout ya'!

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trigger time...Today is it was time to work on some one handed shots from 14`while down on my back.

DB9
102_9395 (2).JPG 102_9398 (2).JPG
G2C
102_9401 (2).JPG 102_9406 (2).JPG

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son Matt and I went to Big Boys Saturday. He shot his brand new Sig,and I tried out my Henry .357 magnum Big Boy,after Henry had repaired it. It was flawless. However, the brand new Vortex Venom on my Ruger Mark IV is messed up. Elevation adjustment does not work. Crap. Sent it off to Vortex Optics today.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of my ongoing cataract surgery (just one eye so far) I hadn't been to the range since June 15th and I was getting a serious case of withdrawals......I really needed to smell burning powder and hear the CLANG of 230 gr 45 ACP bullets impacting steel.

I was on the range at legal sunrise yesterday morning and started flinging 100 rounds downrange at the 25 yd. gongs with my 5" SA 1911 and thought I was doing fairly good till @Mad Professor pulled in and began to show me how it's done......that ol' boy can shoot !

Latest posts

Top Bottom