Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10:15 this morning at the gun range with my seldom-shot Springfield XD9 Sub-Compact. Good time with my fellow shooters, then home to mow the yard. Strong wind was more welcome during the mowing!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 more rounds through the Howa 223 this morning. 3 sets of 2, clean the barrel between each set. Took an hour to shoot 6 rounds.

I think it's working. After 16 rounds total through the rifle, the last 3 could be covered with my thumbnail, from 75 yds.

It's strange. The first 10 rounds I couldn't get within 3" of each other, from 50 yds.

All over sudden, the bullets just started falling into the same hole.

Maybe there is something to this 'breaking in a barrel" thing.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ashamed. It was the Rimfire Eat N Shoot at Big Boy's --- whenever that was. And, I've added 4 new shoot'n irons since then.

:anyone:

That was probably the same for me. Not teal sure how everything works any more. I do remember that the danger end is not where you wanna be..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right?? I’m currently having a house built on my land and good grief there’s a lot of work to be done. I took a day I’d leave from work yesterday to run errands, cut trees, and build burn piles. That being said, I did get to take my daughter out to shoot turtles a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your killing me! I love turtles. Well heck I love just about all animals. I used to shoot frogs all the time when I was a kid and my friend and I would cut the legs off and fry up some frog legs. Man those things are good. But I don’t do it anymore. I think I’ve become more soft in my older age. If I see turtles on the road I always stop if I’m able. I had one I passed and turned around to get him off the road and when I went back somebody hit it! Made me sick. But I’m glad you got to spend some good time with your daughter. I feel for you building your home. I don’t think I could do it. Too much stress. But with that being said, you get to make sure it’s how you want it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Did you get that Marlin 1894 that was on here? I really wanted that but couldn't devote the funds. Congrats!
I did. Really nice rifle in great condition. Finished loading up 500 rounds of .45ACP today and started changing the Hornady LNL over to .44 mag to make a run on them.
That purchase gives me a .44 mag in a Revolver, Semi Auto Rifle and a Lever gun.
All have killed deer except this new one and I'm betting it will kill one this fall with some bullets I got from another member that is in the reloading lineup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom