Legal Bumpfire stock on the market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't get the whole bump fire thing.

If you can afford to blast through ammo that fast, then go find an NFA weapon and pay the tax stamp....

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No joke... what ever happened to "One shot, one kill" ?

I got mine on Friday and had to try it out as soon as I got home. It only took a couple of minutes to put it on. Loaded up 6 30 round mags and went out side to my shooting back stop for a try. It shoots so easy that I didn't have to get used to it. Sure its not the most accurate but it really wasn't hard to control. I will post a video on Monday for all to see.
I didn't get this to hunt with so one shot , one kill doesn't really apply here. I got it for the pure rush of shooting as close to full auto as legally possible without breaking the bank. Anyway, lots and lots of fun. By the way, ammo goes real fast so now when my friends and family come over to shoot, they will be required to bring their own ammo. lol. The only problem is the barrel gets really hot.
Better than I thought it would be. If you were on the fence, you won't be disappointed. To me, it is worth every penny. I just hope they stay legal.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the videos, it seems as if you need to push the non-stock portion of the rifle forward with your support hand, to extend it from the stock? Is that true, or do you just shoulder the rifle and simply pull the trigger? How do you select between the single-shot and bump-fire modes?

ETA: Never mind, I read the BAFTE letter that confirms the legality of the SSAR-15 stock. It does mention the need to expand the rifle with support hand pushing and firing hand pulling. Do you folks who bought the stock, find that to be a detriment when it comes to control and relative accuracy? Does it require considerable strength to expand the rifle, or can a lightly-built person handle it?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the videos, it seems as if you need to push the non-stock portion of the rifle forward with your support hand, to extend it from the stock? Is that true, or do you just shoulder the rifle and simply pull the trigger? How do you select between the single-shot and bump-fire modes?

ETA: Never mind, I read the BAFTE letter that confirms the legality of the SSAR-15 stock. It does mention the need to expand the rifle with support hand pushing and firing hand pulling. Do you folks who bought the stock, find that to be a detriment when it comes to control and relative accuracy? Does it require considerable strength to expand the rifle, or can a lightly-built person handle it?

I think a lightly built person could handle it. It doesn't take a ton of force to push forward with your non-dominant hand. I haven't shot any other true full auto so I don't know how it compares control-wise, but the control seemed fine for me.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, you use your arm of the hand that's holding the pistol grip to hold the stock tight against your shoulder. Just maintain good pressure with that hand. Your trigger finger just lays against the trigger block that you will install that comes with the stock. That's all the function your trigger finger will have when shooting bump fire. The action that will actually will cause your weapon to fire is as follows. With your hand that's on the fore grip, you simply put a little force forward and there you go. It takes very little force to keep the weapon firing. With the recoil and the little but constant force forward from your weak hand it seems to fire like an auto. fun, fun, fun.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't get the whole bump fire thing.

If you can afford to blast through ammo that fast, then go find an NFA weapon and pay the tax stamp....

Most folks I know that shoot NFA don't routinely do mag dumps or beta mag dumps. Sometimes we do, and alot of noobees love to do mag dumps their first time at bat.

Usually, I'm trying to master the two and three round burst.

If this stays legal, I can see alot of advantages to a 300 dollar stock over a 14K dollar lower. I'd much rather see a 300 dollar stock damaged, than a 14K dollar receiver. If you can get the same 'jones" from this, and get some good accuracy, I say go for it.

Heck, I have one of those Class III receivers and I might even look into this. I'd want to see it at a gunshow and pay cash for it though.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have the stock...

How long did it take to install it?

How long does it take to uninstall it?

Any problems just shooting single with it? My guess is that it can be used as a regular stock with no problems.

does it install OVER a collapsible stock? or do you have to take the stock of to put this on?

Thanks

Dave

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The install procedure is taking off your pistol grip and putting on their block. Then you take off your 6 position stock and slide theirs on. That's it. Takes 5 minutes, maybe? There is a switch you can flip on the stock that locks it into place to make it a semi auto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom