Let the House Demo Begin !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if you can even break even when selling a home. Many years of all the major and ancillary costs gotta exceed the sales price.
You gotta know when to quit. Spend money on the kitchen and bathrooms, the rest can get a coat of paint and be good to go. You can spend a second mortgage on renovations if your eyes get too big or you have one of those bottomless pit wives that are never satisfied.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What started out as just updating the back-splash in the guest bathroom, has now morphed into an almost total house remodel.

Cheez. Is this gonna cost me ! !

They trick ya and tease ever so slowly. Just like in High School, just it’s about fixing ****! Mine gets my ass from time to time too!

Just finished three new exterior doors and 3 exterior storm doors. Widened one from 32” to 36”. I got in trouble for remarking lose weight and the 32” would have been fine! All new windows in two weeks, but I let the young installers do that!

Hang in there! It’s worth it to see them smile!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did two bathrooms and the kitchen about three years ago. Total remodels with shower location/drains needing moved, and so on. The master bath is now bigger than my first apartment in square footage. Why she wanted that, I don't know, but danged sure didn't ask either.
It's my turn now with an outdoor kitchen and entertainment area out back where the pool used to be. It's gonna be nice.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m planning on adding a bathroom and bedroom to our house. For sheets and giggles I called a remodel company and to add about 400sq ft was gonna run $90-$105k. So I will be doing it by myself when the time comes. I’ll higher out electric and plumbing and then my buddy does concrete. Other than that I’ll hire myself

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m planning on adding a bathroom and bedroom to our house. For sheets and giggles I called a remodel company and to add about 400sq ft was gonna run $90-$105k. So I will be doing it by myself when the time comes. I’ll higher out electric and plumbing and then my buddy does concrete. Other than that I’ll hire myself
I'm gonna sit in a lawn chair under an umbrella with a beer in hand and point the young fellas where I want them next. :laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom