Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clyde got to go out and blow out a covey of quail for two hours, chase crippled ducks left behind by other hunters, and retrieved his first squirrel this weekend.
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is a Deutsch Drahthaar. Literally translated, German Wirehair Pronounced "Drot-har". But After they were imported into the states back in the 30s or 40s Americans wanted to well, Americanize them. So there was a split between people with AKC recognized German Wirehair Pointers, and the German recognized Drahthaar. With AKC you can make more puppies if you have paperwork. With the German system, every dog has to have a recognized bloodline, be proven in hunting tests, checked for coat and confirmation, and physically examined/xrayed and approved by the organization before they can be bred. I think there's another test in there that is done, but I don't remember. And then, and only then, the breed wardens and breeders closely oversee and conduct all the breeding. Its tedious, but produces exceptional dogs in the field and at home. He's only 6 months old, but is looking like he'll be an absolute machine. He still loves to cuddle at home too. He's bred to do it all, point, retrieve on land and water, hunt large game, and track on land and water. He loves the water as much as our golden does. I cant find any pictures of his mom and dad, so here's a female from the same kennel he's from, and a male from the same kennel his dad is from. His coat should be pretty close consistency and length wise to the male in the last picture.
View attachment 314798
View attachment 314785View attachment 314786
My friend, that might be the most gorgeous looking dog I've ever seen. If my old man were still alive, he'd be in bird dog heaven right now. Kudos!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That first pic is GREAT!! Captures his personality!! Lol
It really does. He's a bit of a turd, a little crazy, and a real spaz.
Yeah, he's got some of those 'let's go, right now!' eyes sometimes, lol. Sounds like he's shaping up to be a good one.
He has a ton of drive, thats for sure. He's gonna be a real machine in a few years. When we were out looking for ducks he swap across the pond three times trying to catch some shorebirds, in the snow/rain. he almost caught one of the ducks we found midair, she was a little slow to take flight, and he was flying through the air after her.
My friend, that might be the most gorgeous looking dog I've ever seen. If my old man were still alive, he'd be in bird dog heaven right now. Kudos!
Theyre really exceptional dogs, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom