Limbaugh Rejects Company That Suspended Ads From Show Over Fluke Remarks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom Sullivan of Fox news > Sullivan Group > personal friend of Rush Limbaugh > tongue-in-cheek accuracy rating of "almost always right"

Do I win, Dennis?

Bingo! Right on the Money

Self-described as "fiscally conservative, socially it-depends", the success of his show, and his personal friendship with Rush Limbaugh whom he met at KFBK in the early 1980s, resulted in his occasional appearance as a stand-in host on The Rush Limbaugh Show. Sullivan's prior investment group is The Sullivan Group that Limbaugh cites as the official auditor of his claim to be "documented to be almost always right" 99.7% of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_M._Sullivan

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo! Right on the Money

Self-described as "fiscally conservative, socially it-depends", the success of his show, and his personal friendship with Rush Limbaugh whom he met at KFBK in the early 1980s, resulted in his occasional appearance as a stand-in host on The Rush Limbaugh Show. Sullivan's prior investment group is The Sullivan Group that Limbaugh cites as the official auditor of his claim to be "documented to be almost always right" 99.7% of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_M._Sullivan

Finally did the homework.......:D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, Hobbes, ya know I love ya, but you really fell for Dennis' and Rush's trap.

Dennis, nothing on NPR can be compared to Rush. I've listened to most programs on it off and on for years, and most of their "serious" coverage is very neutral. If anything, it's gotten better in recent times. "Wait wait don't tell me" and stuff like that can be a bit acerbic, but the news coverage and interviews is neutral.

Like I say, I despise Rush because he has influence on the national political discourse (Both from the liberals that hate him and the conservatives that are too dumb too see his act) when in reality, and in his own words, he's playing everyone to make money. If his fans just listened for the entertainment value of him pissing people off it would be one thing...but many of his fans think his show is news and Rush is doing some great service in voicing "truth". You can see examples of that on OSA.

Rush is sharp, sadistic and souless...and he'd probably be really fun to hang out with, actually. But it's sad that so many people are so, with no nicer way to put it, freaking fawtarded that they take his "reporting" seriously. And millions of people do, both his detractors and fans. Rush has said more or less that his fans are stupid. He was right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love that Pavlovian response that comes from mentioning the name "Rush".
Always predictable and entertaining!
Keep it coming!

This is probably the best post in all the six pages so far. The same can be done by mentioning the name, "Sarah Palin."

As for the video on Rush that was put up, I might could put a bit more faith in that if it had not been edited out of full context and not edited within its own context. Plus, how serious is a video supposed to be that has a dummy sitting in a chair on the right

Wikipedia????? When that becomes a site that is not capable of being edited by just anyone, I might put some real faith in it. For now, I only look at Wikipedia to get a "sense" of what has been written on a subject.

As for Tom Sullivan and the Sullivan Group, how many of us do business with our enemies? Besides, Rush's "association" with The Sullivan Group is merely a sort of marketing ploy that he uses to be bombastic by claiming his accuracy rate.

As for Rush's show, I listen to get a sense of the news that the main stream news DOESN'T report. Then, I go looking for sources beyond what Rush has attributed his story. Remember, many times Rush is reading directly from those stories. I am very conservative, perhaps even more so than Rush, but I still insist on searching out the truth.

And, even with these comments of my own, can any of us REALLY trust what is on the internet?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met Rush Limbaugh briefly in the 90's. He was on vacation in New Orleans and had brought his production staff with him. They were staying at the same hotel as I was, he tipped the bell captain $500 and when they tried to grab his bags he told them he could carry his own just make sure his people were taken care of.

I like Rush for his entertainment value, too bad more people don't do as Rush admonishes them to do and do their own research.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you don't see the same responses when people mention Obama, Colbert, or Mahr?

Oh, yes, I see those as well. Perhaps I remember wrong, but it seems that there is a bit more hateful diatribe towards those who are on the right. By comparison, media sl*t Gloria Allred is out there saying that Rush ought to be arrested for his speech. I can't recall any conservatives calling for the arrest of a leftie just because of their speech, unless it is speech enticing or advocating violence or anarchy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom