LIR Trout fishing trip 2-5-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess i am taking the bulls by the horn, and making a thread to see who all is planning on showing up. I have never fished the LIR as this will be my first time. I plan on going, but i do have a 3 week old daughter and you just never know with them. Anyways just a quick shout out to see who will be there. Is the LIR slick like the LMF? Aslo who will be using spinning gear? i will be. And i am getting a cheat sheet from a guy who goes pretty reguraly,and has several good spots he says!!;) look forward to meeting you guys. Also i guess this trip will be weather permiting. I know i am not driving 3 hours in ice and snow. So if all is clear i plan on being there!!
Nick:wave:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I don't have to go into the office that weekend I'll be there. I plan on bringing plenty of extra fly fishing gear if anyone wants to give it a try.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I don't have to go into the office that weekend I'll be there. I plan on bringing plenty of extra fly fishing gear if anyone wants to give it a try.

Porter I may take you up on that offer, if you're willing to show a noob a little bit of time! I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks or a trout(fish willing) to you for showing me the ropes.

That's something else I think would be nice, a little fly fishing "class" for those of us that are interested.

I fully plan on being there, weather willing of course, with my spinning gear and extra just in case anyone has a break down. Heading up to MO this weekend, so I'll have my good spinning rod(smooth as butter, no clicks, grabs, or noise, and beautiful action with one on the line) and I'll probably pick up a decent bit of Luck-E worms to bring down and share.

Don't know if I'll bring my canoe or not. I've found it's very difficult to fish and drive the canoe. . .

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Porter I may take you up on that offer, if you're willing to show a noob a little bit of time! I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks or a trout(fish willing) to you for showing me the ropes.

That's something else I think would be nice, a little fly fishing "class" for those of us that are interested.

I fully plan on being there, weather willing of course, with my spinning gear and extra just in case anyone has a break down. Heading up to MO this weekend, so I'll have my good spinning rod(smooth as butter, no clicks, grabs, or noise, and beautiful action with one on the line) and I'll probably pick up a decent bit of Luck-E worms to bring down and share.

Don't know if I'll bring my canoe or not. I've found it's very difficult to fish and drive the canoe. . .

let me try some of them luck-e-worms!! lol

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water temps were 40-47 degrees with this cold spell. And yes it has some slick rocks. I'll be fly fishing if I go.

some? or most? i know at LMF everything is slick. at the blue river i have no problems getting around... i only have regular waders, not the felt bottom so i have to be pretty careful as i did go bottoms up @LMF and it was like 19 degrees outside. made for one hell of a ride back to the cabins and ruined my fishinig weekend as my waders didnt dry out. had to bait fish from the bank( boring at the river)!!! where does every one want to meet at LIR?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some? or most? i know at LMF everything is slick. at the blue river i have no problems getting around... i only have regular waders, not the felt bottom so i have to be pretty careful as i did go bottoms up @LMF and it was like 19 degrees outside. made for one hell of a ride back to the cabins and ruined my fishinig weekend as my waders didnt dry out. had to bait fish from the bank( boring at the river)!!! where does every one want to meet at LIR?
You can get around just be careful. My son in law has boot foot waders. Best meeting place would be below the dam. The road going to the powerhouse below the dam is where I'm talking about, first right turn is a big parking lot. I can get the coordinates for you people that have GPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom