Local Saiga SBS conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking recently at getting a saiga 12 and converting it myself out of it's sporting configuration (I like to do as much work on my guns as possible but the sbs conversion I think is a bit out of my league to get it functioning properly). I was wondering anyone might know of a local Class 3/SOT shop that might be in the business to convert it to a sbs for me. Rather keep my business local Than go through all the hassle of sending to red jacket or tromix or something. Thanks for any help.
Adam

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Steve at Cold Hand Arms here in Okc has been doing some conversions too. You might try Mike (Olyeller). I remember some posts a while back about him buying several. Don't know if he was making some as customer ordered guns or was going to just start making some.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive I can do the conversion from the sporting configuration to the pistol grip and stock. It's just cutting it down to a short barrel in the future is what I need a little assistance on. I want it done right moving the gas system back 2" or so and needing to reweld the old gas ports up require a little more specialized equipment and expertise than I have. If I can't find anyone local I'll probably send it to azarmory. From what I've heard they are good people and put out good work. They have prices listed to do a SBS conversion, weld on hk sights, and refinish, and that's all I really want done. I just like to have my hands in on as much of the project as I can rather than sending a virgin gun out to a company to do everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom